cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Immortal Vader be released on Rift and Rift S as well?

Nimarus
Protege
Simple question as I was HOPING to play this game. I have an Oculus Rift that I purchased about a month ago and figured a big title like this would be on more than just the Quest. Will this title be available on the Rift and/or Rift S? Or is this going to stay a Quest exclusive, forcing us to abandon ever getting the game or forking out even MORE money just to play this?
22 REPLIES 22

ShocksVR
Superstar

RedRizla said:

I'm hoping it will because makes no sense to me not allowing Rift S users to also have the game. Nobody is going to buy an Oculus Quest just for that game alone, so I don't see the problem allowing Oculus Rift S users to have it.

Probably also gotta factor in when it comes to the Rift store, non-oculus headsets will also be playing it (Vive, WMR, Index).  The timed exclusive ensures Quest hardware benefits and the Oculus ecosystem gets the most press coverage. Last thing they probably want is a Vader Immortal review where the writer promotes skipping the Quest and playing it on the Index.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Yes, Oculus stated that Vadar Immortal will in-fact come out for the Rift and Rift-S. When will it come out is another question though...

BloodyShadow
Protege

falken76 said:

To clarify: It's any archery game i play that does this. the tracking for an arrow draw isn't complete and makes aiming a royal pain. 

This is exactly the worry that many people had with the tracking.  Has anyone used their Rift S with Onward yet?  Does the tracking go to shit when you get the sights close to your eye for aiming?

Haven't played Onward yet, but I can absolutely confirm that tracking near the face does not work well, at least on the side of your head. Archery games are almost unplayable 😞

I'm DESPERATELY hoping the Rift (CV1) room sensor option/capabilities will be added to the Rift S so you can have the best of both worlds, depending on the game. I have both systems (and therefore unused room sensors), and can't justify keeping the 'S' if tracking doesn't work...

Nimarus
Protege

falken76 said:

To clarify: It's any archery game i play that does this. the tracking for an arrow draw isn't complete and makes aiming a royal pain. 

This is exactly the worry that many people had with the tracking.  Has anyone used their Rift S with Onward yet?  Does the tracking go to shit when you get the sights close to your eye for aiming?

Haven't played Onward yet, but I can absolutely confirm that tracking near the face does not work well, at least on the side of your head. Archery games are almost unplayable 😞

I'm DESPERATELY hoping the Rift (CV1) room sensor option/capabilities will be added to the Rift S so you can have the best of both worlds, depending on the game. I have both systems (and therefore unused room sensors), and can't justify keeping the 'S' if tracking doesn't work...

That's what I was hoping for. Built in tracking with the Rift S combined with the Sensors places around the room working all together. The built-in tracking for the Rift S sounds convenient and all, but I wanted to see how the tracking performs after launch before I shell out the money to buy one.

I like the idea of the portability of the Quest. However, I don't like the idea of available titles possibly being restricted (I think because the OS architecture is different or something).

sCOREscream
Explorer
Still no news about release of Vader Immortal for Rift. Completely disappointed......

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no news about release of Vader Immortal for Rift. Completely disappointed......

We Rifter's be the red headed stepchild...
I am anxious for it also.

jcalof
Honored Guest
I bought the rift s upon the email of false advertising on the same page in my email there is 2 pictures of separate rifts , quest and a rift s. so now im thinking where is vader immortal? simply advertising it says it would be out at the same time unless they want it much better on the pc powered rift s. im hoping it will be good though.

JesseBC
Honored Guest
Still no release date for the rift? This is a joke. I understand they are trying to pump up sales of the quest, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the rift and rift s owners. Just give us the game already. 

Zahariel
Expert Protege
I too bought it mainly for Vader based on advertising that gave the impression that it would be out at the same time as the Quest. Luckily this is my first foray into VR so i should have plenty to look into while i wait.

BloodyShadow
Protege

Nimarus said:

falken76 said:

That's what I was hoping for. Built in tracking with the Rift S combined with the Sensors places around the room working all together. The built-in tracking for the Rift S sounds convenient and all, but I wanted to see how the tracking performs after launch before I shell out the money to buy one.

I like the idea of the portability of the Quest. However, I don't like the idea of available titles possibly being restricted (I think because the OS architecture is different or something).

The thing stopping me from buying the Quest is graphics. Even though its wireless, I'd rather have better visuals AND it'll suffer the same blind spot issue as the 'S'. I REALLY want to use my existing room sensors, being able to go without is great, but there are definite shortcomings. 

I guess we can only hope, but if they leave it as is I honestly might return my 'S' and buy an additional room sensor instead for flawless tracking. Can't stand the drops I'm getting now, the frustration just keeps building.