cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Oculus rift games work with Oculus S?

Cameraguy320
Protege
I have Oculus Rift now.  If I buy the Oculus S will those games work on it or do I have to buy all NEW games??
13 REPLIES 13

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Is that a serious question? Can you imagine the outrage if Rift games didn't work on Rift S?

Rift S replaces the Rift, but for all intense and purposes there is only the Rift. Rift games work on Rift.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it's still a Rift. All the games work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yarish said:

I have Oculus Rift now.  If I buy the Oculus S will those games work on it or do I have to buy all NEW games??

Yup, your games will work on both the Oculus Rift and the Oculus Rift S without a problem.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Also, you will be able to see clearer.

Darklorduk
Explorer

Yarish said:

ive found some games dont work not inpressed

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Like what ones ??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
No, they won't work, BUT, there is a small fix, go and find two cans of custard, remove the paper label from both tins, then wash and dry the tins so they are clean dry and shiny, now place one tin on the window ledge of the room you have your S setup in, then place the other tin onto the floor against any wall of your choice, then stand in the middle of the room and look at each tin for a full 2 mins, now all your CV1 games will work with the S.........if you have to even install your OS then repeat this fix, i had to do a similar fix when i moved from the DK2 to the CV1, but my fix involved cutting holes into my clothes then trying to repair the damage, but thankfully Oculus brought out a patch......ba da dum.

Aye thang yaw. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Some games might not work exactly as well due to the tracking differences (like turning on the flashlight in Lone Echo was hard when the Rift-S came out, until the 1.39 patch mostly fixed it), but I'm not aware of any game that doesn't work at all.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N said:

No, they won't work, BUT, there is a small fix, go and find two cans of custard, remove the paper label from both tins, then wash and dry the tins so they are clean dry and shiny, now place one tin on the window ledge of the room you have your S setup in, then place the other tin onto the floor against any wall of your choice, then stand in the middle of the room and look at each tin for a full 2 mins, now all your CV1 games will work with the S.........if you have to even install your OS then repeat this fix, i had to do a similar fix when i moved from the DK2 to the CV1, but my fix involved cutting holes into my clothes then trying to repair the damage, but thankfully Oculus brought out a patch......ba da dum.

Aye thang yaw. 😉

Hi OmegaM4N, i managed to get as far as finding two cans of custard.  I have the cans in front of me now but they don't have paper labels.

Do you have a workaround for the next step please: "remove the paper label from both tins"?

Please help, i want my CV1 games to work on my Rift S so badly!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3