cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Rift S

Sandcracka
Adventurer
I think I got a bad unit.  Everything was working great up until a couple hours ago.  I was playing Skyrim and I noticed the screen flashed what I can only describe as white noise.  It flashed for only a second.  Since then it flashes this white noise once every ten minutes or so.  Doesn't matter which game I'm playing.  I've even seen it on OH.  I hope I didn't get a defective unit.   😞
39 REPLIES 39

Webbefieldzz
Explorer
I have the exact same issue.

Webbefieldzz
Explorer
Also, when I was on Bigscreen for the first time, I left my room and it closed the oculus app, like everything went black. weird..

Xenon135
Explorer
Same here. occasional white flashes on the screen. Maybe its not an hardware issue.

vannagirl
Consultant
I remember this when cv1 first launched but it went so I am wondering if it needs software fixes.

i certainly know my nvidia card has also done this once or twice
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Sandcracka
Adventurer

vannagirl said:

I remember this when cv1 first launched but it went so I am wondering if it needs software fixes.

i certainly know my nvidia card has also done this once or twice

I'm hoping this just needs a software fix.  I don't want to have to replace the headset. 

CatalpaBow
Explorer
I have a similar problem
When the Oculus Rift S is connected to a PC, it will be recognized initially, but after several tens of seconds white noise will appear on the screen and audio and will not be recognized.
I can not experience VR at all due to this problem.
This problem also occurred on other PCs

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
There definitely is a random (not often in my case) flash that occurs. I also experienced the display going black and also the controllers freezing and screen turning to static but after getting all windows updates and latest gpu driver and rebooting, only the occasional flash remains.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same issue...it's not yours.  I've also had it completely crash a couple times.  The screen goes black but the audio continues the PC game locks up too.  It's very early...what will matter is how quickly they fix these issues.

skygunner27
Protege
I also have seen this "White Static Flash". I exchanged my Rift S yesterday at Bestbuy, because of it. Since then my second Rift S randomly does it too. I was able to randomly replicate this problem on 3 different systems.
Mine(9900K/2080ti), both son's PC's(one with 8700K/2080ti and the other with 7700K/Maxwell Titan SLI.
All 3 PC's have the lastest version of W1064 Home(up to date) with standard Windows 10 anti virus, and latest Nvidia driver.

I have never experienced any flashes or glitches of any kind using my PC/CV1, until the Rift S.

https://builds.gg/builds/quadstellar-ghost-964
Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S