cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White flickering Screen Tearing on quest

Javelin396
Adventurer
Ive noticed this the most when in the quest home menu and while watching netflix which seems it seems to occur in more frequently, (or maybe i just notice it more because im not really playing a game and just watching tv). Almost looks like its the passthrough camera is bleeding through a bit perhaps.  Anyone else notice this? has oculus said anything about it?
63 REPLIES 63

Adamills15
Honored Guest
Happening to me too. Been extremely careful with my quest so doesn't seem like a disconnected cable or anything like that

Webbefieldzz
Explorer
I have the same issue on my brand new Rift S

NightTusk
Honored Guest
I have a similar issue on my Quest. Netflix will show white static when I turn my head.  And other apps (home, robo recall etc) will show screen tearing artifacts occasionally when I turn my head. It looks like a horizontal region in the middle of the screen lags behind my head motion.  It is disorienting/nauseating. 

Maniac618
Protege
I have screen tearing / artefact glitching too. Happens in everything but most noticeable in Oculus Home.
Previous owner of DK2, current owner of Vive & Quest.

slapStickVR
Protege
I am having screen tearing / horizontal fuzz glitching too. It happens in Oculus Home, Big Screen and Netflix very noticable and quite often. In other Apps it doesn't show up at all (or I haven't noticed it right away).

Sometimes it appears as a horizontal line (white) in the middle of the view, other times it is single point spots (white) more on the outside of the focus area.

Is this a firmware, hardware (overheating / throttling?) or software (Apps) issue?

newCarbon
Explorer
Any solutions, workarounds or some kind of help?

Javelin396
Adventurer
i've noticed theres an option in the advanced settings section on the oculus app that looks like it sets the refresh rate from 50-60hz. havent got a chance to try it yet but i just found it, so maybe thats an option that will help

fixedgerald
Honored Guest
I have been noticing this issue too

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

Aidens12 said:

i've noticed theres an option in the advanced settings section on the oculus app that looks like it sets the refresh rate from 50-60hz. havent got a chance to try it yet but i just found it, so maybe thats an option that will help

Changing this setting does not make any difference for me. I think we have to wait for an update. Hopefully soon. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/