cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to quickly switch between passthrough and VR?

nick_frolov
Honored Guest
I think in one of YouTube review videos it was said that there is a way to switch between VR and passthrough mode
Unfortunatelly I haven't been able to find a way to do it.
Does anyone know a magic combination of buttons?
18 REPLIES 18

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Someone else posted a similar question here...we don't think so. Only via breaking the guardian system boundary.

Hope they add the feature,, like a long press on the left sticks menu button which currently doesn't do anything!

Dreagleg
Protege
Yes, would be very useful. 

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Agreed. Very useful.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
In the settings you can set it to get passthrough by pressing two times on the home button. 
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

janc58
Honored Guest
Where exactly can you find this "manual passthrough" setting?
All I see in Settings | Controller | Customise Oculus Button is:
- Fast movement detection
- Long press to pause

I would really need the facility to enable the passthrough camera while using WebVR (I have an application) - augmented reality!!

rVRcloset said:

In the settings you can set it to get passthrough by pressing two times on the home button. 

Can't find this.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

saami81
Rising Star

rVRcloset said:

Can't find this.

I think it is for Rift S only atm. Hopefully they update it for Quest too.

kojack
MVP
MVP

saami81 said:

rVRcloset said:

Can't find this.

I think it is for Rift S only atm. Hopefully they update it for Quest too.

Yep, it's Rift-S only.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

rawkstar
Explorer
The current method I’ve been using while in a game is to click on the Oculus button on the right controller which pauses the game and takes you Home, then to click on “Room Scale” (located above Navigate) to view the passthrough camera. Once I click Confirm Guardian it takes me straight back to the game. Better than nothing at least.