cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What features would you suggest for an Oculus Go Kiosk mode?

Anonymous
Not applicable
FieldOfVision would like it to be possible to put the Go into a Kiosk mode, as in to only play a single application automatically upon turning on the device. 

What features would you suggest for an Oculus Go Kiosk mode?
How should it be configured?
Should it be password protected?
What are your thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25

peternrg
Honored Guest
All suggestions have been made.... We need this, the sooner the better.   Exhibitions, museums, etc, they are all waiting for it.

ncc_oculus
Honored Guest
So as an education user who is considering the Go, kiosk mode goes some of the way to fulfilling our needs however a mobile device management platform would be more helpful.

We need the ability to:
  • Manage groups of devices so that the group can have settings configured and have policies and applications pushed to them.
  • The ability for teachers to supervise students and see what they're doing, where they're looking
  • The ability for teachers to guide students and prompt them to look in a particular place
  • The ability for a teacher to choose an app through the management system and lock the headsets in a group to that app.
  • Consideration for supplying a charging system.
If those things could be developed, Oculus would have a killer "virtual excursion" system on their hands.

Mick

rupert
Protege
@ncc_oculus we support many of the things you need for schools, at least the ones that Oculus currently allow. Have a look here: http://portal.linxvr.com/support/education.cfm

Ping me if you want to try it out. Here's some instructions: http://portal.linxvr.com/support

Marius_Trouwbor
Honored Guest
Requested features for the Kiosk mode:
- Without controller / remote
   There are many apps which do not require the controller. But disabling the remote (unpairing or taking out the battery) always gives a popup at the start of the experience ("we couldn't find your controller"). Would be great if this popup is removed when there is no remote connected.
- Power options
    The new "power options" features are already very helpful, now that the "standby mode" can be turned off. This gives the advantage that there is no "enter VR" screen at the start (which would require the remote). The only downside is that the power consumption is also much higher. It would be best to still have the standby mode, but without the "enter VR" screen.

Marius  

Timnijland
Protege
Hi all,

We made a kiosk mode for the Oculus GO and other VR headsedt. It's an app from the app store but only works with 360 video's at the moment. Hope you find it usefull for showing your 360 video's.

Cheers!

strawberrycake
Honored Guest
I can also recommend the VR system I used when I organized a VR movie show. It was called Showtime VR and it had no troubles keeping up with a few dozens of devices.