cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Headset sensor check failed?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Fixed by going into your windows 10 privacy setting and switching your camera on. Obviously the Rift S uses cameras for tracking so you'll need this switched on.

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are not to use the card's own Drivers then surely that is the same as NOT using ASMedia Drivers?
My PC added Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub from some update...either Win10 or even by Oculus.
My RIFT uses the m/b USB and unsure which Hub those are but is the rear main 4 separate of course from Keyb. & Mouse.
j0j0t80l2aqh.png

BLADE_13
Explorer
Mine looks similar to that^.
so frustrated. Debating to do a fresh win 10 update. But I feel it wont matter. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the SuperSpeed Hub the USB C? Is it best we use a USB C adapter all because this new RIFT S is both forwards and yet so backwards all at the same time omg!!!
My RIFT S is delivered very soon and marked as "dispatched". So yet to find out how it works out.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@MAC_MAN86 - That's what I thought, but I think because the usb's are on the mainboard, I think it just installs them with the motherboard drivers. I'm not sure if you can uninstall ASMedia and just use windows drivers though. I do know using a Pci usb card it's much better and solves this problem. It also gives you more usb ports and I've never had problems letting Windows 10 just use it's own drivers for the Pci usb card I've linked above.

Just search google on how to uninstall ASMedia drivers for usb and see if that works. Just see if windows will then install it's own drivers for the usb's.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Extensible ones allow an alternative Driver as a manual Selection. I can't try yet until I get the RIFT S.
9kccyaqafk4u.png

BLADE_13
Explorer
I’m Going get a pci 3.0 powered hub and f it. If that doesn’t work swap for a quest.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
trust me it does not work 😞

cbodkin
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

The Extensible ones allow an alternative Driver as a manual Selection. I can't try yet until I get the RIFT S.
9kccyaqafk4u.png

This worked for me

BLADE_13
Explorer
I finally fixed it!! What you want to do is get May 2019 update for windows and everything works!! And also under device under USB click on each on and power management unclick allow save power” Now I can return that pci usb 3 card I got.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes awesome both of you. Most of us had 1809 and are now getting 1903. Seems to be resetting the OS basically which is same as trying other Ports, older GPU Drivers, other USB Hubs only to clear the config. 1903 has additional audio problems at present.

@cbodkin which Driver did you select the ASMedia again or the USB xHCI?