cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?

uKER
Adventurer
Basically what the title says.
Since about two weeks ago (guesstimated) I have no sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact.

Strangely, while the Oculus Home environment is dead silent, I do have sound when I bring up the in-game Oculus menu (the one with the screen floating in front of you and the button bar at the bottom).
Also, all other apps work perfectly.
Oddly enough, First Contact is malfunctioning in both its built-in and downloadable versions.

I haven't read about anyone else having this.
Any ideas?
78 REPLIES 78

shanedlm
Honored Guest
I just re-opened my old support ticket back from FEBRUARY when I first reported this issue so they could stay ahead of it.  It's a bummer they did not take any steps to prevent this from hitting non-Insider users, especially as the release of 1903 happens to coincide with the release of the Rift S.

steveco99
Explorer
Downloaded the 2019 title 'Wolves in the Walls' yesterday, another Oculus sponsored application.  Same issue - no sound while running the title.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Oculus Support...... 

We have been discussing this issue for several months and it has been ignored.  1903 is now rolling out to Windows 10 users not on the insider program.  
My solution was to wipe the  Hard Drive, Re-Install Windows 10 and opt out of the insider program for this PC.  I am now on 1803 and sounds run fine.  It sucks because I have an RTX 2070 and 1903 will support Ray Tracing and I want this update on my PC.  Now I am reading that if I do a normal upgrade I will be in the same situation I was a few months ago when I was on the insider program. 

Can we fix this bug So I don't have to waste another afternoon re-installing windows????  Facebook please do something here. 

Penpen2
Explorer
Huge disappointment that Oculus hasn't even responded to any of this. I was one that did a fresh install of Windows off the Insider build in order to play Moss and enjoy other games and Oculus home. Now the Public build of Windows has caught up and the issue never even got side glanced at. We've also got brand new hardware and with plenty of people owning new Oculus systems and they will be left like the rest of us. Not a good impression and will ultimately hurt VR.

EventlessHorizo
Explorer
@steveco99 I downloaded the same title (Wolves in the Walls) and the strange thing is for me the audio works in the first part of the title, during the introduction with the flashlight... and then goes to null when the title fully loads and the main character starts to speak. This makes me wonder if this is actually some kind of codec issue? I am in the insider program as well, but I run a few machines in it on different tracks and I am pretty sure it hit my drivers only install sooner than GA as well... I also have a Windows Mixed Reality and a Vive HMU and decided to try both of them through Revive, just for giggles, and no go. I haven't seen the problem on any titles for my other headsets though including exclusives, so it definitely seems to point to the Oculus conduit alone. Sad that they don't actually utilize the insider community to stop this kind of thing before it hits the public DURING a major release.... :persevere:

steveco99
Explorer

@steveco99 I downloaded the same title (Wolves in the Walls) and the strange thing is for me the audio works in the first part of the title, during the introduction with the flashlight... and then goes to null when the title fully loads and the main character starts to speak. 

Yes, that's the same behaviour I saw with that title - there was some sound up until the character goes to speak.  Other applications like Moss have no sound at all under 1903 ...   😞

N7EVOX
Honored Guest
Same issue since the 1903 update. No sound in Face your fears, Oculus Home, Tutorial with Robot....

Anonymous
Not applicable

N7EVOX said:

Same issue since the 1903 update. No sound in Face your fears, Oculus Home, Tutorial with Robot....

Ditto hear, upgraded to 1903 and lost the sound in Home.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Penpen2 said:

Huge disappointment that Oculus hasn't even responded to any of this. I was one that did a fresh install of Windows off the Insider build in order to play Moss and enjoy other games and Oculus home. Now the Public build of Windows has caught up and the issue never even got side glanced at. We've also got brand new hardware and with plenty of people owning new Oculus systems and they will be left like the rest of us. Not a good impression and will ultimately hurt VR.

Yeah this is not good - that along with the display issues sounds like Oculus might want to add some support staff.
They really need to get on top of this.
Absolutely loving my Rift, but I have to leave on after first starting for the day or if I don't and close home, then re-launch it, I will have no display until I either reboot PC or restart the Oculus service 3 times.

And now getting the 1903 update yesterday, and lost some sound in Oculus Home. I thought something had gone wrong with my new headset.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - just want to relay what it seems some of you have already heard from support. Our team has looked at the issue and reported it to Microsoft, but it wasn’t fixed in time for 1903. The newest insider builds that are rolling out seem to have the fix, it's ultimately up to Microsoft to push the fix out to the public build. We regretfully have no control over that in terms of timing.

We do have a support article up for this issue: 
https://support.oculus.com/2293082490952387/

Also, apologies to those folks who have not yet heard back from Support. The team is working through all tickets as fast as possible. We are experiencing higher ticket volumes than normal. We know this is not ideal, but we sincerely appreciate your patience in hearing back from us.