So we have to repurchase games? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So we have to repurchase games?

ScaramooshScaramoosh Posts: 28
Brain Burst
I was hoping to download games I already own on the store.... but the ones I own like Superhot want to be purchased again.... no thanks. 

If if this is the case the headset it going straight back.

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 639
    Neo
    this is 100% the developers choice, take it up with them
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,583 Volunteer Moderator
    Some, but not all games support cross-buy. (SuperHot unfortunately does not.) Games that you own that do support cross-buy will show as "free" in the store.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ScaramooshScaramoosh Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Forget it then, they could have at the very least had a cheap option for people who already own the game... not rebuking the whole library at those prices.. are they mental? This should be an all in one store. 
  • JaimieVandenberghJaimieVandenbergh Posts: 255
    Nexus 6
    edited May 21
    https://uploadvr.com/rift-quest-cross-buy-games/ lists games known to be (and not to be) cross-buy.

None of the cross-buy games that I already own for Rift are showing up in the Quest library. No Thumper, no The Climb, no Robo Recall. I'll give it a couple of days, perhaps they're still getting their shit together.

/Edit: Aha! Thanks nalex66, they are indeed showing as "free" in the shop! Fab. Or some are - Thumper is still pay for, and The Climb isn't in there (yet). Robo Recall and Space Pirate Trainer got free though.

Bit peeved by Beat Saber not being cross-buy.
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Wander does not support cross buy.
  • Vern_SVern_S Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Robo Recall showed up as free but I still cannot find The Climb. Is it even available yet?
    Neo Technologist - 3D/AR/VR Developer - DK2 / Gear VR
    Unity 3D - Modo - 3DS Max - Adobe Cloud
    I7-970 3.2Ghz Hexa-Core / ASUS ROG Rampage III Extreme
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 12Gig
    Cooler Master HAF XB EVO LAN Box - Hyper 212 Plus HS
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,910 Valuable Player
    cross buy would be fantastic and i hope it happens more and more... but (for the most part)  PS vita / PSP games were / are not cross buyable with PS2/PS3/PS4 and switch games are not cross buyable with nintendo wii.

the hardware is very different between devices and so it takes a lot of work to port over. Dont get me wrong i would love it if they were and would likely get me to buy a quest if all games were..... but i get why it isnt the case.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Vern_S said:
    Robo Recall showed up as free but I still cannot find The Climb. Is it even available yet?
    The Climb isn't available yet. That and Eleven Table Tennis are the two cross-buy titles I'm eagerly anticipating.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    edited May 22
    https://uploadvr.com/rift-quest-cross-buy-games/ lists games known to be (and not to be) cross-buy.

None of the cross-buy games that I already own for Rift are showing up in the Quest library. No Thumper, no The Climb, no Robo Recall. I'll give it a couple of days, perhaps they're still getting their shit together.

/Edit: Aha! Thanks nalex66, they are indeed showing as "free" in the shop! Fab. Or some are - Thumper is still pay for, and The Climb isn't in there (yet). Robo Recall and Space Pirate Trainer got free though.

Thumper is supposed to be cross-buy, so I'd hold off on buying it again. The store page says "Supports Quest and Rift," which seems to be the way cross-buy support is indicated. It would be nice if it was made more clear on the store, but from looking at all Quest titles, the ones with cross-buy mention both platforms, and the ones without (like Beat Saber and SuperHot) only mention Quest or Rift on their respective stores. It might be worth reaching out to the dev and asking about Thumper.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,758 Volunteer Moderator
    Unfortunately, It is up to the developer to enable cross-buy so I recommend contacting them. 

Quest games are basically Android games on an ARM chip, porting them is not quick or free, there are costs involved. Same way as not all PC games ported to Mac are a one purchase an only thing.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    There don't appear to be any cross buy apps with the Go
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,187
    Wintermute
    There don't appear to be any cross buy apps with the Go
    There aint. Unfortunately only Rift/Rift-S/Quest cross-buy is supported.
    Be good, die great !
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,862 Valuable Player
    I was hoping to download games I already own on the store.... but the ones I own like Superhot want to be purchased again.... no thanks. 

I also think it's annoying having to pay for 4K movies, especially when I already own the blu-ray version of the same movie  B) Owning the XBox version of a game doesn't give you the right to claim the PS4 version for free - or the PC version, right?

Even though SuperHot may look similar Rift vs. Quest, it's not at all the same game. It's time consuming and anything but free for the devs to port games to the Quest. Paying for Quest games is a nice way to support the devs and VR. 2c.    
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Oculus51019Oculus51019 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
     B) Owning the XBox version of a game doesn't give you the right to claim the PS4 version for free - or the PC version, right?

Seriously? Why is this even a comparison? We're in a completely different, more evolved, generation of entertainment and technology.

Would you compare the way morse code machines worked to smartphones?

• DASFREAKDASFREAK Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    I love the concept of the cross-buy for the games on the Quest. For me, I would definitely buy more games because of it. I love the idea of playing the same game on my wired system at home and wirelessly while not. In my opinion this will help to sell more Quests as I can show more people how fun VR is. I just wish the games were cross-buyed with the VIVE/steam store to. I own a VIVE and want to make the jump to the Quest, but I own a lot of game in the Steam store that are on the launch list of games for the Quest. I just don't want to have to re-buy my favorites right after I just bought a new system.    Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  
  • FlakMagnetFlakMagnet Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    DASFREAK said:
    Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  
    Who would pay the developers for lost revenue?

If you went and bought an XBox, PS4, Switch etc. would you expect your Steam game to be free on those platforms?
  • rservellorservello Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    There are only a couple greedy devs that are making us re-buy their games.
  • rservellorservello Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    DASFREAK said:
    Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  
    Who would pay the developers for lost revenue?

If you went and bought an XBox, PS4, Switch etc. would you expect your Steam game to be free on those platforms?
    That's fine...but full price for an existing customer is pure greed.  Beat Saber is $50 if you already bought it for $20 on Rift.  It should be $30 if you don't own it....or $10 if you already bought it.
  • TitanFlyerTitanFlyer Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited May 23
    Don't complain, I have to buy all the good games twice since my son and I want to play multiplayer games and can't use the same account... so I buy everything twice. I also had already bought several of them on steam... 
  • AnarchaeAnarchae Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:

Thumper is supposed to be cross-buy, so I'd hold off on buying it again. The store page says "Supports Quest and Rift," which seems to be the way cross-buy support is indicated. It would be nice if it was made more clear on the store, but from looking at all Quest titles, the ones with cross-buy mention both platforms, and the ones without (like Beat Saber and SuperHot) only mention Quest or Rift on their respective stores. It might be worth reaching out to the dev and asking about Thumper.

Thanks for the info about "supports quest, rift" indicating the title is cross-buy.  I was trying to figure out how to determine that without resorting to a 3rd party web site.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 405
    Trinity
    Forget it then, they could have at the very least had a cheap option for people who already own the game... not rebuking the whole library at those prices.. are they mental? This should be an all in one store. 
    The devs spend numerous hours to create the game for pc, then have to put in numerous hours to downgrade the game to be able to play on the Quest without any glitches. It's not an instant convert. If they want to give you the app for free, then that's on them. It's not a given, and shouldn't be expected.