cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So we have to repurchase games?

Scaramoosh
Protege
I was hoping to download games I already own on the store.... but the ones I own like Superhot want to be purchased again.... no thanks. 

If if this is the case the headset it going straight back.
26 REPLIES 26

LZoltowski
Champion
Unfortunately, It is up to the developer to enable cross-buy so I recommend contacting them. 

Quest games are basically Android games on an ARM chip, porting them is not quick or free, there are costs involved. Same way as not all PC games ported to Mac are a one purchase an only thing.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
There don't appear to be any cross buy apps with the Go

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

There don't appear to be any cross buy apps with the Go

There aint. Unfortunately only Rift/Rift-S/Quest cross-buy is supported.
Be good, die great !

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I was hoping to download games I already own on the store.... but the ones I own like Superhot want to be purchased again.... no thanks. 

I also think it's annoying having to pay for 4K movies, especially when I already own the blu-ray version of the same movie  B) Owning the XBox version of a game doesn't give you the right to claim the PS4 version for free - or the PC version, right?

Even though SuperHot may look similar Rift vs. Quest, it's not at all the same game. It's time consuming and anything but free for the devs to port games to the Quest. Paying for Quest games is a nice way to support the devs and VR. 2c.    

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Oculus51019
Honored Guest
 B) Owning the XBox version of a game doesn't give you the right to claim the PS4 version for free - or the PC version, right?

Seriously? Why is this even a comparison? We're in a completely different, more evolved, generation of entertainment and technology.

Would you compare the way morse code machines worked to smartphones?

DASFREAK
Protege
I love the concept of the cross-buy for the games on the Quest. For me, I would definitely buy more games because of it. I love the idea of playing the same game on my wired system at home and wirelessly while not. In my opinion this will help to sell more Quests as I can show more people how fun VR is. I just wish the games were cross-buyed with the VIVE/steam store to. I own a VIVE and want to make the jump to the Quest, but I own a lot of game in the Steam store that are on the launch list of games for the Quest. I just don't want to have to re-buy my favorites right after I just bought a new system.    Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

DASFREAK said:

Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  

Who would pay the developers for lost revenue?

If you went and bought an XBox, PS4, Switch etc. would you expect your Steam game to be free on those platforms?

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are only a couple greedy devs that are making us re-buy their games.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DASFREAK said:

Maybe they could offer a onetime chance to select a few cross-buyed games from your Steam account to transfer over to Oculus account for free.  That would be awesome at least. There got to be a way, it science.  

Who would pay the developers for lost revenue?

If you went and bought an XBox, PS4, Switch etc. would you expect your Steam game to be free on those platforms?

That's fine...but full price for an existing customer is pure greed.  Beat Saber is $50 if you already bought it for $20 on Rift.  It should be $30 if you don't own it....or $10 if you already bought it.

TitanFlyer
Explorer
Don't complain, I have to buy all the good games twice since my son and I want to play multiplayer games and can't use the same account... so I buy everything twice. I also had already bought several of them on steam...