cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microphone problems with the rift s?

sethman600
Explorer
i got my rift s on release day and everything worked fine until yesterday. when i plugged in my headphones to the audio jack and tried to speak on discord nothing was being picked up. i then tried to speak with out the headphones and still didnt work. so i tried in game to see if it was just discord but it didnt work in game either. anyone know a possible fix to this?
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it Allowed Access in Window's Settings>Privacy>Microphone?
Is Audio Settings for Mic set to Default Device and others can be set to Default Comms Device if needing to sepeate them?

sethman600
Explorer
i actually ended up fixing it by just unplugging the usb and displayport for the headset and then plugged them back in

MrTee_
Honored Guest
Thank you - VERY MUCH. I've been scratching my head for 1 hour trying to fix it, when I saw this. And it fixed the problem for me as well.

NiceMitch
Explorer
The unplug/replug fix is temporary... I'm going to try upgrading my PCI card. 

itzekim
Honored Guest
Im having the same issue, I unplug and plug it back in and it only solves the problem for about 15-20 mins then the mic cuts off again

Ced
Honored Guest
Same, have to unplug and re-plug usb, but then only works for so long before I lose my mic again. Happens the same for every usb port, including the usbc port on an Nvidia RTX with an adapter. Otherwise no problems aside for the quick flash here and there that so many others are also experiencing.

Yogipl
Honored Guest
Same here guys, The only solution I found so far is to unplug and plug it back again. The problem is that mic cuts off in the middle of my gameplay, so whenever I unplug the Rift the game crashes...

ShiroiSakuraVR
Protege
same problem for me. cant be the solution to replugin it everytime. oculus have to fix this since so many people got this problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys be sure and use the submit feedback function on the mic issue and attach your log files.