New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Crashing to black

rservellorservello Posts: 32
Brain Burst
So 2 times I've been playing the Rift S it has crashed to black.  Audio keeps going but the HMD is completely black.  On the PC the game is frozen.  In order to get it back I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in...then it restores.  @OculusSupport response was, of course to ask if my drivers are up to date.  Which they are.  Anyone else had this and figured out what's going on?  Or is this just something we'lll have to deal with until they acknowledge the problem and fix it?

Comments

• harveysimpson39harveysimpson39 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Same here. Windows update improved things but still crashing intermittently. 
  • rservellorservello Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    OK, so I noticed it would only crash when there was a very loud sound (gunshot, explosion, etc) so I decided to try with headphones.  No more crashing.  So the issue is the halo speakers.  Did they even test it?  Or did they just assume noone would use them?
  • drunkpacmandrunkpacman Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Also having this issue, and the loud sound thing sounds like it may be causing my issues, shall test now, but in apps like bigscreen, interacting with another user causes it to crash, and interacting creates a loud noise, same with pokerstars vr and going all in, creates a loud noise. You may have solved my issue!
  • gregorydwgregorydw Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issue

• drunkpacmandrunkpacman Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    rservello said:
    OK, so I noticed it would only crash when there was a very loud sound (gunshot, explosion, etc) so I decided to try with headphones.  No more crashing.  So the issue is the halo speakers.  Did they even test it?  Or did they just assume noone would use them?
    Fix worked for me as well. Thanks!
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited May 2019
    Got my PSVR Headphones ready and waiting! Just needed to add 6dB @ 100Hz.
    Obviously you all removed the plastic film on the inside!