Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mmm... I love that New VR HMD Smell

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Quest has arrived in House Grayskull.

b7s8ide9u1hd.jpg

Let me start by saying that I am completely blown away by the Pass-Through technology. It's amazing to be able to walk through my entire house, even up and down stairs, while staring through the HMD. No more peeking under the nose gap!

There has been some concern over the new controller design. With the Rings being "upwards" now, but let me tell you... I can already see some great benefits to this. For example, I just finished playing through some of Vader Immortal (highly recommended), and during the Jedi Light Saber Training Sessions, I was able to grip a single Light Saber with both hands. With the new controllers you can hold the Saber while keeping your hands slightly apart (a gap between your top and lower hand), while keeping both hands in sync due to the fact that the Controller Ring on the Lower Hand can rest underneath your Upper Hand without losing tracking.

With the older controllers, you have to keep your hands pressed atop each other, or else your hands are floating in the air and you have to try to keep them in sync by "miming" the gestures. Granted, sometimes holding a blunt object with both hands touching is preferable, but not always! This is something I thought might be worth pointing out.

The image Quality in Quest is better than GO but not as a good as a Rift with a top GPU, as expected. But I am already in love with this Device and its capabilities. The visuals in Vader Immortal alone are well worth the price of admission, imo. I'm going back in!
26 REPLIES 26

feelreal
Protege

@Zenbane @Nekto2 yup, we have an Order Custom Aroma option on our website  😄 

Virtual reality will feel so real...
...with Feelreal  ❤️ 

Pre-order World's First Multisensory VR Mask on Indiegogo now:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/feelreal-the-world-s-first-multisensory-vr-mask--2

Zenbane said:

Quest and Go look good together in their carrying cases. Two stand-alone VR Kits. How fun!

mma6468cidhj.jpg

Such a lovely couple   ❤️
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

cybernettr
Superstar
 I love that new Rift smell, too, and I’ve had plenty of opportunities to experience it, seeing as how I’ve gone through three Rifts in the last three years. It’s a fairly pricey smell, though, I must say. Even now, three months into my third Rift, I’ve had to replace one of the earphones already. Fortunately, I have plenty of spares from the other two Rifts I have on hand. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I love that new Rift smell, too, and I’ve had plenty of opportunities to experience it, seeing as how I’ve gone through three Rifts in the last three years. It’s a fairly pricey smell, though, I must say. Even now, three months into my third Rift, I’ve had to replace one of the earphones already. Fortunately, I have plenty of spares from the other two Rifts I have on hand. 

You should have stopped buying Facebook products along time ago, sir. No idea why you keep getting them! Try the Valve Index.

cybernettr
Superstar
I’m surprised you didn’t find a way to blame it on Palmer Luckey!
 😉 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I’m surprised you didn’t find a way to blame it on Palmer Luckey!

I'm not surprised that you brought up Palmer Luckey on something so irrelevant.

WizZifnab
Protege

Zenbane said:
I just beat Vader Immortal. I literally just experienced a childhood fantasy of fighting alongside Darth Vader. He and I were beating DAFUQ outta some Combat Droids! I'll be purchasing a 2nd Quest around the Holidays for other family members to enjoy. And I'll likely be upgrading my Rift CV1 to the Rift S this week (possibly tomorrow). I'm reading too many reviews from too many sources that the visuals are a very impressive upgrade.

Just in case...don't overlook the Dojo/Training...its pretty fun.