cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way for meetings in Unreal Engine with VR

zeve3d
Honored Guest
Hello all,

We are an architectural lighting design company in Turkey. We want to present our designs in a VR meeting.
Which way and Oculus model is the best for us?
I understand that every headset needs a computer. Is there any way to do this with one computer and multiple headsets? (online or at the same room.)

7 REPLIES 7

zeve3d
Honored Guest
And in case if it doesn't work, can I have a master headset (connected to the PC via USB and HDMI) and viewer headsets (connected to an HDMI multiplier connected to PC, but not connected via USB) ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would help to know what you're going to be using the headsets for so that we can advise you I think. A HDMI multiplier won't work. Your best bet would be to use standalone headsets I think like the Oculus Go or Oculus Quest because that way you don't need to use a PC.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Buy like 50 Oculus Quests and set up a private room in AltSpace VR. 🙂  Put up a Basketball Hoop in the corner or something. 

zeve3d said:

Hello all,

We are an architectural lighting design company in Turkey. We want to present our designs in a VR meeting.
I understand that every headset needs a computer. Is there any way to do this with one computer and multiple headsets? (online or at the same room.)

You want to present your designs in what way?  On a 2d screen or will you be importing 3d models/CAD?  You could use Bigscreen to present the designs on a large screen.

How many people would you want at these meetings?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

w_benjamin
Adventurer
The 50 Quests sounds good.
That way they could join the meeting almost anywhere (They'd need a WI-Fi network to log onto)
They also wouldn't need a PC to go with it.
And the basketball hoop is a nice touch to build some camaraderie.

zeve3d
Honored Guest

zeve3d said:

Hello all,

You want to present your designs in what way?  On a 2d screen or will you be importing 3d models/CAD?  You could use Bigscreen to present the designs on a large screen.

Hello,

I want to present the designs in Unreal Engine with VR. We are already using Oculus Rift for that, but we can only use one headset. We want to put 4+ people inside our project in VR at the same time. The real problem / question is, do we need a PC for every headset? Or is there a way to use 4+ headsets in only one PC? 

zeve3d
Honored Guest

zeve3d said:

zeve3d said:

Hello all,

Hello,

I want to present the designs in Unreal Engine with VR. We are already using Oculus Rift for that, but we can only use one headset. We want to put 4+ people inside our project in VR at the same time. The real problem / question is, do we need a PC for every headset? Or is there a way to use 4+ headsets in only one PC? 

We import 3D models into Unreal Engine with lighting etc. and then look at it in VR. (Sorry for poor English 🙂