cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Screen goes black while using it

MJehle01
Protege
Hey everyone,

i've seen the problem described in a few threads. But it seems no one has a good solution. I've got the new Rift S. But after using it a while (between a few seconds and a minute) the screen starts to flicker and then goes black. The simulation is still running. I can see it on my monitor and hear the sound.

I already tried
  1. Unplug/Replug DisplayPort and USB
  2. Newest Nvidia drivers (from the nvidia website)
  3. Newest USB drivers
  4. Windows Updates (Audio seems lost since updating to windows 1903. Would not recommend it)
  5. Power settings to the highest
  6. Do not allow PC to deactivate USB to save power
  7. Remove the facial interface and unplug/replug the cable on the rift side
I contacted the support yesterday but they have not answered yet. Probably very busy right now...

Anyone with the same problem? Any more ideas are appreciated
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Same issue. I have to disconnect Usb and DP cable, wait a few seconds and put it in again, sometimes it is working, but only in port 1. 

MJehle01
Protege
Found that out too. I have a GTX 980 Ti. The Rift S only works with 2 out of the 3 DisplayPorts. (Choose the wrong one at first of course :smile: )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use headphones. It's a problem with the Halo speakers.... Sounds over a certain db crash the hmd. I've had no issues since starting using headphones. 

MJehle01
Protege
It's not the headphones. It seems to be certain apps. The first steps app wont play anything. But the google earth vr demo just worked fine. Image and sound. Until the screen went black again after a minute. This is really frustrating

MJehle01
Protege
Some users suggested turning of G-Sync. Did not help in my case. But the oculus support is having a look at my logfiles right now. Fingers crossed.

Bryros
Explorer

Some news?!

MJehle01
Protege
Still nothing. But the Oculus support is on it. Do you have the same problem ?

Bryros
Explorer
Yes 50% xD

Sometimes i dind´s see anything, only ear the sound and black screen. For the other hand, sometimes, i see the simulation but in 30 sec aprox, black screen again and only ear the sound. 😕

Sorry for my bad English.

Oglesauto
Honored Guest
Following this thread.  Having the same problem.