cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck downloading update

RichHoldsworth
Honored Guest
I've tried two devices now, on two networks.
Both have got stuck downloading the device update during setup. The blue progress bar almost reaches the end but then it just stops.
Anyone else experienced this? Any solution?
I've tried rebooting, it just goes back to the downloading update screen...
29 REPLIES 29

GrantAndrew
Honored Guest
Hey guys. first post/comment. first vr user. Having the same problem. Using Iphone X latest iOS, have tried multiple different 5Ghz networks along with cellular. have done multiple factory resets, FC App and reopen, uninstall app and reinstall, and any combination. Update always starts at 50%, and never moves above that. one time it moved above it up to 63% and then restarted at 50 without any notification or explanation. have left it sitting approx 1 hr without any changes and is still at 50%. Internet is running well at 14ms ping and 250~ mbps download, 30~ mbps upload. 

Any help is much appreciated, highly frustrated at the moment. 

atkinsonline
Expert Protege
I can’t help with your problem but just wanted to say, I’m also on iPhone X with latest iOS and the Quest updated without a problem. I did just see that iOS 12.3.1 was released yesterday so I’m now updating to that. But this is after my Quest updated on launch day. 

stopierwszy
Honored Guest
If you have an Android phone make sure it's at least 6.0.

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
I have a galaxy s6 with android 7.0 and i have the problem too. Could it be a firewall setting on my router? My phone is connected to the same network, but it just won't accept the password in the oculus app. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
As I said above: Just finish the setup on your phone. Don't look through the lenses. This "update" is not a firmwareupdate, it means updating the setup infos.
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer

h.r.gargi said:

As I said above: Just finish the setup on your phone. Don't look through the lenses. This "update" is not a firmwareupdate, it means updating the setup infos.

It won't allow me to finish the set up on my phone, it says something went wrong when i try and enter my wi fi password in the Oculus App. It's 100% the correct password.

barryconvex81
Honored Guest
Exactly the same issue here. Stuck on the downloading screen, telling I will have a notification on my phone... Sad...

kittipol_huitra
Honored Guest
i have same issue,  what's the best way to fix it?

thomaslynn187
Honored Guest

It stays at 99% until you accept the saftey agreement on your phone 

thomaslynn187
Honored Guest
Where is the agreement at??