cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey all - just want to apologize for the wait times in Oculus Support right now. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of tickets than normal, and the team is working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. We recognize that some of you are experiencing things that require some troubleshooting, both on Rift S and Quest, and it's frustrating not not hear back immediately. That stinks, I know, but we're working as fast as possible to get back to everyone. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ShowbizDonkey please make a Closed Sticky Announcement with possible fixes and test etc. plus a link for newcomers to create a Ticket and details of how to have ready their Diag Files.

Soulless512
Expert Protege
Because they dont want to admit they have a shitstorm on their hands. I have just now had 2 instances in the same freaking games that has support for the rift s of it blackscreening on me. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, makes me want to take the damn thing back and get a freaking refund!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I already got £10 back just for a few days late Delivery. If I keep this ready for the Live Win1909 then I'd want compensated further to stay with them as we all know by then what else will be out and prices may have already altered. It saves them being stuck with most of their Sales become Returns for Refurb Units!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all - just want to apologize for the wait times in Oculus Support right now. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of tickets than normal, and the team is working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. We recognize that some of you are experiencing things that require some troubleshooting, both on Rift S and Quest, and it's frustrating not not hear back immediately. That stinks, I know, but we're working as fast as possible to get back to everyone. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Thanks for the communication - always helps to hear at least something.
I look forward to hearing back hopefully before too much longer on my support ticket.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege

3 days for this? Still no communication via my ticket. NO. Just no. This is unacceptable. No company would put out faulty hardware and expect not to communicate with their customers for 3 days. And it's not "frustrating" it IS wrong. It's terrible customer service and an all-around terrible way to treat people. This could have been avoided with a sticky announcement on the forum as suggested. Instead, Oculus is trying to cover up the fact that a percentage of their customers are £400 (plus the cost of whatever games or apps bought) down with a useless headset and no idea of when this will be rectified. I swear to god my next step is a full investigation into numbers of customers affected, response times to tickets and the reason for the utter lack of communication!

sford52
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

@ShowbizDonkey please make a Closed Sticky Announcement with possible fixes and test etc. plus a link for newcomers to create a Ticket and details of how to have ready their Diag Files.

Until this happens, here is a link to useful page that list some potential solutions as well as link to log collection methodology: https://uploadvr.com/how-to-fix-rift-s-tracking/

how to get logs: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Sinsinful said:

3 days for this? Still no communication via my ticket. NO. Just no. This is unacceptable. No company would put out faulty hardware and expect not to communicate with their customers for 3 days. And it's not "frustrating" it IS wrong. It's terrible customer service and an all-around terrible way to treat people. This could have been avoided with a sticky announcement on the forum as suggested. Instead, Oculus is trying to cover up the fact that a percentage of their customers are £400 (plus the cost of whatever games or apps bought) down with a useless headset and no idea of when this will be rectified. I swear to god my next step is a full investigation into numbers of customers affected, response times to tickets and the reason for the utter lack of communication!

It may depend on the amount of tickets they are getting - in case they are getting more than they could anticipate, this may prolong response times. I'm sure you'll get an answer as soon as possible. Or consider making a post on Oculus Reddit, sometimes Oculus Support responds in there (at least much more often than in here), but due to the massive amount of posts these days, I wouldn't put my hopes high regarding Reddit either. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Lads, I'm all over Reddit and have tried every solution over the past 3 days. I'm also talking to lots of people in the same boat. I'm hearing the hardware is faulty and replacement is required and they don't have any stock. Also, I have yet to hear a report from anyone who has fixed ANYTHING from these threads you are linking which I have been following them from there inception. 
I don't want links to troubleshooting. 3 days of that was enough. I want a working headset or my money back this is madness. We should not be treated like this and it not on.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Ok so after 3 days ticket answered. First they asked me to do all the shit we have been doing over the past 3 days. Then they took all my serial numbers and told me they would get back to me in 48 hours. They have no clue whats going on. Talking about the fault with the controllers and ignoring the fact I get a notification that the software cant track the heatset.
I'm going to push for a refund as I have had enough.