cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?

uKER
Adventurer
Basically what the title says.
Since about two weeks ago (guesstimated) I have no sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact.

Strangely, while the Oculus Home environment is dead silent, I do have sound when I bring up the in-game Oculus menu (the one with the screen floating in front of you and the button bar at the bottom).
Also, all other apps work perfectly.
Oddly enough, First Contact is malfunctioning in both its built-in and downloadable versions.

I haven't read about anyone else having this.
Any ideas?
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ShowbizDonkey Surely Microsoft know what Fixed it and can supply it as a Hotfix for 1903 and even those still with 1809?

hwwmetroidmen
Honored Guest

Hey everyone - just want to relay what it seems some of you have already heard from support. Our team has looked at the issue and reported it to Microsoft, but it wasn’t fixed in time for 1903. The newest insider builds that are rolling out seem to have the fix, it's ultimately up to Microsoft to push the fix out to the public build. We regretfully have no control over that in terms of timing.

We do have a support article up for this issue: https://support.oculus.com/2293082490952387/

Also, apologies to those folks who have not yet heard back from Support. The team is working through all tickets as fast as possible. We are experiencing higher ticket volumes than normal. We know this is not ideal, but we sincerely appreciate your patience in hearing back from us.

Yeah, so, based off this comment I went ahead and upgraded to this “newest insider build” and the issue is still not resolved. 

So this issue is NOT FIXED, in case anyone is reading this. 

shanedlm
Honored Guest

Hey everyone - just want to relay what it seems some of you have already heard from support. Our team has looked at the issue and reported it to Microsoft, but it wasn’t fixed in time for 1903. The newest insider builds that are rolling out seem to have the fix, it's ultimately up to Microsoft to push the fix out to the public build. We regretfully have no control over that in terms of timing.

We do have a support article up for this issue: https://support.oculus.com/2293082490952387/

Also, apologies to those folks who have not yet heard back from Support. The team is working through all tickets as fast as possible. We are experiencing higher ticket volumes than normal. We know this is not ideal, but we sincerely appreciate your patience in hearing back from us.

Yeah, so, based off this comment I went ahead and upgraded to this “newest insider build” and the issue is still not resolved. 

So this issue is NOT FIXED, in case anyone is reading this. 

Is there a way we can elevate this?  No offense to the support team, but it seems no one has been taking this issue very seriously nor fully understanding exactly what it is.  Not having audio in your startup tutorial and intro app is a pretty huge deal and will provide new customers with a really sour first experience.  This should have been jumped on immediately to stay ahead of general release for 1903, not after nor should the onus of rolling out a fix be placed solely on Microsoft.

zalberico
Honored Guest
I just updated windows today and it’s working now.

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903
OS build 18362.145

I’m in Windows Insider Program Slow previews.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an Official Fix however that it is or is still a lottery?

shanedlm
Honored Guest

zalberico said:

I just updated windows today and it’s working now.

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903
OS build 18362.145

I’m in Windows Insider Program Slow previews.

That’s great to hear!!  Maybe I’ll bite the bullet and go back to Insider...  Thanks for letting us know.

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
I'm a brand new Rift S and just discovered this issue. It is pretty disappointing that the First Steps tutorial is broken at release weekend. Especially as this was apparently first reported back in February.

The problem is not affecting all titles so surely Oculus could have changed the audio method used in these fundamental titles so that they were not affected by the Windows 1903 compatibility problem?

We should all get a free copy of Robo Recall something.

JulianB
Protege
Aaaaand now this one got me too. I just updated to 1903 and now my Home Audio doesn't work either. Not going to get on the slow ring for fear of what else that'll break. I'm using a CV1. 

Like Lethal_Aims, I find it pretty hard to believe Oculus cannot pinpoint the differing audio methods in these apps? Specially as it has been known for some time now.
-j www.julianbutler.com Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

g0phr
Explorer
Same here.. Windows 1903, Oculust Rift S. The PC itself and everything is brand new. I bought this machine just for this... Annoyed user here..

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
There is a fix. You have to wait for Microsoft to release it, or you can manually install the preview version. More info in the Rift S forum:

Resolved Sound problem in the Oculus Setup Demo and Eve Valkyrie