cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cars 2 Oculus mode not working Rift S !!!!!

stevensred5
Explorer
Game says the current headset is not supported so forced to use Steam-VR mode.  On my CV1 the performance was never as good as oculus mode & always had alot more 'headroom'.  Is this a game issue or Oculus issue, I cant find any info on the net about this.
13 REPLIES 13

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Mine says the same when I launch PC2. Ignore what it says and continue, PC2 is awesome in the Rift s.

stevensred5
Explorer
If you ignore the warning, pretty sure it then defaults to Steam VR mode instead, does anyone know how to tell which mode you end up in (apart from crappy performance??)

Anonymous
Not applicable
As rosgillies stated, just ignore the warning. I have the Steam version of PCars 2 and I just select Oculus Vr instead of Steam VR and it just works. And........it is glorious! It's so nice to actually be able to read the dash dials and readouts, as well as the writing on the buttons around the cabin.

Anonymous
Not applicable
dont you guys find that Pcars 2 as allote of jaggies ? 

stevensred5
Explorer
The game is awsome, I was just suspicious it was defaulting to Steam-VR mode because I lost headroom in OTT, but it could be down to the bump up in rez from CV1..
Bporion, you really need medium or high for the MSAA setting, unfortunately its the biggest hit on FPS but this makes everything look awsome especially now in the rift s. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus Rift S certainly works with PC2.  Ignore the warning.  Steam VR never starts.  The only problem I'm having is that the headset continually gets off-centered.  I have a key set for centering but using that every time is a nuisance.  

Maybe I need to tweak a setting?

AlexAtkinUK
Protege
How do you make the game work so I can actually sit down to play?

When I start the game sat down I'm UNDER the car!  I have to stand up to be in the right position and its quite nausea inducing to feel like I'm stood up in a car.  Heck it feels like I'm WEARING the car.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

How do you make the game work so I can actually sit down to play?

When I start the game sat down I'm UNDER the car!  I have to stand up to be in the right position and its quite nausea inducing to feel like I'm stood up in a car.  Heck it feels like I'm WEARING the car.

You can bind a button to recenter your view. I bind it to my wheel because it's something you have to do often when you switch cars and when you start the game. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Hillmeister
Honored Guest
Apart from a little tracking sticking it works fine, but is everyone else experiencing some tracking issues?

Tracking outside PC2 is working normal BTW