cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Junk

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
This things junk. I leave it over night and when I turn it on in the morning it just loops the home screen and tracking lost error...then needs a hard reset to try again. Then it either does the same thing or wants the boundary redrawn as guardian is lost. It's the same room, same light conditions as the day before when it was playing fine. It does this every day I try and use it.

It's being returned. Garbage.
9 REPLIES 9

RHunterr
Expert Protege
It works fine here, minus some very minor inconveniences. You've been saying (often) for a few days now that you're returning yours. Why are you still here? Just to take time to spew your negativity?

Rosgillies
Adventurer
My Oculus Rift S (junk) is running great and a big improvement over my CV1. Just info for those who might believe the OP.

Sandcracka
Adventurer
OP why are you still posting here?  Several times you have stated that you will be returning your junk.  By now I think you are trolling.

enigma01
Trustee
Yep, just because you have potentially got a faulty Quest (which is unfortunate, but does happen) doesn’t mean ‘Oculus is Junk’. Just get in touch with the place you purchased it from and get them to sort it for you.

w_benjamin
Adventurer
Sorry to see you go.

Let us know when you have your own headset built and up and running so we can take a look at what these things should be like.

Based on your comments about the time to produce third party covers, I assume you are someone well versed in the production of products and what it takes to get them to market so I have all the confidence that you are already hard at work to produce said HMD.

I, for one, will be waiting with great anticipation at what you come out with in the future.

This is a shame.  They will have shipped tens of thousands out and there may be the odd few with defects.

Raise a ticket and stick with it  https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

I, for one, will be waiting with great anticipation at what you come out with in the future.

Not to mention all the cheap and free AAA titles he got up his sleeve as well ( He must have reading a lot of his other posts trashing the oculus software library. )

Be good, die great !

cybershrapnel
Protege
no, the OP is right, the rift S is total Junk!  the quest is good, but the rift s is a major let down!

inovator
Consultant

Sicktrash said:

This things junk. I leave it over night and when I turn it on in the morning it just loops the home screen and tracking lost error...then needs a hard reset to try again. Then it either does the same thing or wants the boundary redrawn as guardian is lost. It's the same room, same light conditions as the day before when it was playing fine. It does this every day I try and use it.

It's being returned. Garbage.

I know it's frustrating but as a long time buyer of oculus products I for example bought the oculus go 1st batch. The controller didn't work.  I exchanged it and it was perfect. The quest is awsome! Exchange it and you will be in wireless VR heaven
. Being the 1st of any product increases the chances of getting a bad one. If you win the lottery in a bad way you may get another bad one. If you wait a month or so you may reduce those odds. Good luck.