cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasses ?

ROOMADMIN
Explorer
Well the glasses thing that comes with it is about as useful as a chocolate ashtray. Is there any better ones about yet ? 
26 REPLIES 26

enigma01
Trustee

The button on the bottom just moves them from side to side not back and forth. I have  complicated lenses so spending £800 on lenses to fit a £400 toy is out . My frames are quite thick and the lenses are deep , but according to the sizes they gave they should have fitted. The bridge of my nose is hurting today. So much I'm thinking of returning the unit as I can't wear it 😞 

You may find the replacement interface and foam pads by VRCover more comfortable, but unfortunately they currently don’t start shipping orders until 24th June! VRCover support has always been very good for me too, so you could drop them an email with the dimensions of your specs and see if their product will suit. I’m sure they’ll get back to you pretty promptly. 

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-quest-foam-and-interface-basic-set/

atkinsonline
Expert Protege

enigma01 said:

I’ve ordered some optical lens for the Quest which I’m really looking  forward to.

Where did you order these from? The Oculus Quest support page for my region directs me to:
 https://www.framesdirect.com/virtuclear-lens-inserts-for-oculus-go.html 

But these are for the Go not Quest?

This seems to be a popular one

https://widmovr.com/product/oculus-quest-prescription-lens-adapters/

I went for this one as it is closer to me and they were good at responding when I emailed some questions

https://vroptician.com/

Both of these now say they are in stock. I have never used this type of lens before so I've no idea how good they are. The price is reasonable to allow me to try them.

ROOMADMIN
Explorer
Not able to get my lenses in these things. Can't get my script made up. To 'complicated' ' 

atkinsonline
Expert Protege

The button on the bottom just moves them from side to side not back and forth. I have  complicated lenses so spending £800 on lenses to fit a £400 toy is out . My frames are quite thick and the lenses are deep , but according to the sizes they gave they should have fitted. The bridge of my nose is hurting today. So much I'm thinking of returning the unit as I can't wear it 😞 

Why not email one of the companies that create lenses for VR headsets.  Tell them your prescription values to check if they can make them for the Quest and get the price. The site I used (see above) charges a flat fee of £59 for all headsets. Which is a long way from the £800 you mention. 

enigma01
Trustee

The site I used (see above) charges a flat fee of £59 for all headsets. Which is a long way from the £800 you mention. 

They aren’t actually a flat fee right? Once you add complex high prescription the price shoots up. I was looking for my dad, one of the companies doesn’t even go up to his prescription and the other company would be £220!

atkinsonline
Expert Protege

enigma01 said:

The site I used (see above) charges a flat fee of £59 for all headsets. Which is a long way from the £800 you mention. 

They aren’t actually a flat fee right? Once you add complex high prescription the price shoots up. I was looking for my dad, one of the companies doesn’t even go up to his prescription and the other company would be £220!

Fair enough. I just thought it was worth emailing them your prescription and getting a quote.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

Dreagleg said:

What's your issue with it? Works for me. 

It pushed my glasses to hard into my nose, glad it works for you, no idea how that helps me though 

I take it you removed the foam first & placed the spacer between it and the lenses? I wasn't sure how to fit the spacer at first myself until I looed at the setup guide. I was amazed how well it worked.
I've had the Rift for two years & had to buy some smaller glasses to wear with that & they constantly fog up. I wouldhave liked to have had a spacer with Rift too.

ENIGMA01...  I am short sighted & need glasses for the Quest / Rift. 
But if you are long sighted (& only slightly) then do you need glasses for it?

- Steve

enigma01
Trustee

Fair enough. I just thought it was worth emailing them your prescription and getting a quote.

Still may give them a go for myself, I don’t have such a complex prescription. Gonna wait and try them with my new glasses when I pick them up first. I’ve also ordered the VRCover interface so will try that too. I had the VRCover interface for my Rift, and my dad tried it with their ‘Comfort’ foam pad with his glasses and found it very comfortable. 

enigma01
Trustee

I say slightly... but it’s +3.75 in my left eye. Typing this post on my phone right now I can see the text very clear with both eyes working together, but if I close my right eye I struggle to read the text. I was wondering why some of the custom lenses websites was saying to use distance prescription. When you have the headset on, even though your eyes are near to the screen does it give you perception you are looking into the distance? I do struggle to get a 100% clear image in my Quest and have to Max the ipd slider to get best clarity (my far pd is 70 and the quest is meant to be 72mm Max), and my eyes get strained after about 45 mins. 

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

enigma01 said:

I say slightly... but it’s +3.75 in my left eye. Typing this post on my phone right now I can see the text very clear with both eyes working together, but if I close my right eye I struggle to read the text. I was wondering why some of the custom lenses websites was saying to use distance prescription. When you have the headset on, even though your eyes are near to the screen does it give you perception you are looking into the distance? I do struggle to get a 100% clear image in my Quest and have to Max the ipd slider to get best clarity (my far pd is 70 and the quest is meant to be 72mm Max), and my eyes get strained after about 45 mins. 

I personally also thought you need distance glasses. I need glasses for driving so I need them for VR. Without them, it’s a bit of a blur but then my eyes are bad (-4.25 & -8.5)
If you struggle to get a clear image then maybe you are right & glasses will help.