cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White flickering Screen Tearing on quest

Javelin396
Adventurer
Ive noticed this the most when in the quest home menu and while watching netflix which seems it seems to occur in more frequently, (or maybe i just notice it more because im not really playing a game and just watching tv). Almost looks like its the passthrough camera is bleeding through a bit perhaps.  Anyone else notice this? has oculus said anything about it?
63 REPLIES 63

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello there, we are aware of an issue that may cause visual issues within the Quest headset. We are actively working on a fix to address this. It should be available in a future update soon but we currently don't have an ETA for the fix. Thanks! -Rick.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

slapStickVR
Protege
Update: Mentioned graphical issues look exactly like this. Thanks to Youtuber "Zitronenarzt VR". 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G8WKX27u1Q

Paglioz
Protege

Hello there, we are aware of an issue that may cause visual issues within the Quest headset. We are actively working on a fix to address this. It should be available in a future update soon but we currently don't have an ETA for the fix. Thanks! -Rick.

Thanks for your reply.
I have the same problem too.
Just want to know if it is for sure  a software problem and not hardware 
and if so why is not present in any device.
I just want to avoid to ask for a refund in short time.
Just as I would not, however, wait for an indefinite time 
by remaining with the defective device

thank you very much

pyroth309
Visionary
It's weird I'm not getting the white line but I do see screen tearing in certain games and sometimes the home screen. I doubt it's a hardware issue or we'd be getting that all the time in all games but I could be wrong. 

zork32
Honored Guest
I have screen tearing / artefact glitching too. Happens most noticeable in Oculus Home.
Mentioned graphical issues look exactly like this. (Thanks to Youtuber "Zitronenarzt VR"). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G8WKX27u1Q

pyroth309
Visionary
Ahh I finally got the white lines. I was in the Wander app looking around the grand canyon and it started flickering just like that video. 

SchizoidLoser
Explorer
I stopped using my quest due to the screen tearing is so bad. I have until June 5th to return it to best buy so if the update doesn't release before then I will have to refund the quest.

Paglioz
Protege
Exactly what i will do.
if they fix the problem or i’ll return it too

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I'm starting to wonder if the problem is related to the foveated rendering technique used on the Quest.  The reason I say this is that the problem is significantly worse for me in games that make heavy use of foveated rendering.  Vader Immortal and Robo Recall have a ton of these graphical issues for me, while Beat Saber doesn't.  

I also notice the graphical issues seem to happen more in one of the 'lower quality' areas of the screen, especially when transitioning an area of the screen from the sharper area to the less detailed area.

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
A colleague brought his 64GB version with him today. First thing was I checked for tearing at the home screen. Absolute same effect as on my device. For me it is on every device present. Some notice it as a glitch others don't.
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/