cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Headset sensor check failed?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Fixed by going into your windows 10 privacy setting and switching your camera on. Obviously the Rift S uses cameras for tracking so you'll need this switched on.

39 REPLIES 39

Ulyne
Honored Guest
Where can i Download USB xHCI driver? I want to try i have the exact same problem ^^

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
Has anyone found a fix for this yet the new May windows update is not available yet for me

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
I reset my PC reinstalled windows 10 and is working flawlessly 

irlin10
Honored Guest
Having problems with Headset Sensor Check failing. Tried two different PCIe USB3.0 cards, reinstalled windows 10, tried different usb ports nothing helps. Device manager telling me that Rift S Sensor driver is not installed. Tried windows power management, like Oculus website suggests, and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power Management, nothing works, I don't know what else should I try????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try AntiVirus=OFF and replug RIFT S, USB...5secs then DP, run each Game/APP before enabling AV again.

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege

irlin10 said:

Having problems with Headset Sensor Check failing. Tried two different PCIe USB3.0 cards, reinstalled windows 10, tried different usb ports nothing helps. Device manager telling me that Rift S Sensor driver is not installed. Tried windows power management, like Oculus website suggests, and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power Management, nothing works, I don't know what else should I try????

When I first reinstalled windows it wouldn't work either had same issues you are describing finally I reset my PC to factory spec then reinstalled windows 10 and fixed the problem.

qtjequirijn
Explorer
reinstalled windows 10, did factory reset, usb power management is off, camera privacy is allowed for all apps, inateck USB 3.0 card is connected with PSU, standard windows 10 drivers, have the windows 10 1903 update, tried all five USB 3.0 ports, tried first connecting USB wait 10 sec then connect DP, antivirus = off, reinstalled oculus software, GPU drivers are up-to-date. in my LOG I get the error "Failed to check if stream is selected: Hardware MFT failed to start streaming due to lack of hardware resources" (see link: https://shrib.com/#40iOtbwOGZvLlei7JbT1)  contacted Oculus Support no reply yet, Turned legacy support off in Bios, repaired oculus software, tried the BETA verison.

I don't know what to do next, anyone have an idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder if the Head Sensor is being confused with what it uses with the DP if any record of a Monitor using it prior. Try keeping it covered during plugging it in and keeping it awake. Also have AV=OFF for all this.

andrew_gill
Honored Guest
Also having this issue- submitted a ticket to oculus and no response yet. I expected a new device to not have hardware problems less than 10 hours out of the box. Disappointed to say the least.. 

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
I hope they send a update out for this specific issue. I ihave 5 - 3.0 USB ports and 4- 2.0 USB ports only 2 out of the 5- 3.0 USB ports seem to work with the rift s without issue on a z97 pro gamer motherboard. When hooked up to the CV1 all ports work with no problems.