Rift S - Can't Pair Remote? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S - Can't Pair Remote?

dburnedburne Posts: 2,598 Valuable Player
No way to pair the Oculus Remote to the new Rift S?
Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|

Comments

• FanibleFanible Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited May 22
    dburne said:

I was figuring this might be the case, and unfortunately it appears so.  I was hoping it would be like a gamepad.  An option at least.  I still really enjoy Farlands and showing people new to VR.  It's also great for watching movies.  I think the little remote is really nice and convenient.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to pair it with the new headset.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,598 Valuable Player
    Fanible said:
    dburne said:

I was figuring this might be the case, and unfortunately it appears so.  I was hoping it would be like a gamepad.  An option at least.  I still really enjoy Farlands and showing people new to VR.  It's also great for watching movies.  I think the little remote is really nice and convenient.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to pair it with the new headset.
    Yeah I have not used the Xbox controller in about 2 years, the remote I used pretty regular.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • CenobyteCenobyte Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is one of a few shortcomings the S has for me... I loved that little remote. :(
  • VestasCopenhagenVestasCopenhagen Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here. We made an entire solution (professional use) based on interacting with the remote and now it doesn't work. 
  • VestasCopenhagenVestasCopenhagen Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Also in general I don't see that much of improvements in terms of the graphics quality and audio is much worse (and not loud enough). In several areas the Rift S feels like a step down.