cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go casting

snoopdilla
Explorer
Trying to cast to my iphone x. 
I click the cast button on the headset. Click start on headset. It pops up a oculus message on my phone. It says Casting: Start casting which I click on my phone. 
Now it goes to a screen on my phone saying Requesting....Please accept the casting request in my headset. BUT there is no request in my headset. And that all it does. 
Any help is appreciated
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here on Pixel 3, clicking Start button from the Cast screen on the headset, App on phone shows "Please accept the request in your headset" but nothing shows up in the headset other then the red dot in the middle of the headset screen. Very frustrating. Wanted to show my Oculus Go to family during the holidays.

Update: Got it to work by rebooting the phone. No more "Please accept the request in your headset" message, it starts casting right away to my phone. Need to use Android built-in Cast feature to cast to my Chromecast though can't seems to cast directly from the Oculus app.

a360vr
Explorer
im trying to cast to the Huwawei p20 pro using the Oculus app.  I connect to the headset, click the 'cast' icon on the phone follow the selection process and click the 'Accept' pop up on the Go.  Hey Presto it seems to show the Oculus home screen but only for a few seconds before it all freezes.  Is anyone else getting this and have you found a work around??

supportCaritasV
Honored Guest
Same problem: Want to cast from Oculus to:
- Huawei mediapad T5: freezes after about 3 seconds
- Trekstor P10: freezes after about 5 seconds
- Samsung galaxy A5 2017: freezes after different times or doesnt start and keeps black
- Huawei M10: Freezes after a few seconds

Oculus Go-App seems to be some sort of trash.

aghko
Explorer
I will just join the reports. Huawei Honor5: Freezing after 5 seconds. For Go and Quest.

MrPigBall
Honored Guest
Same as above for quest and p20 pro ?

nicolas_voulgar
Honored Guest
Same problem with my huawei mate 20, it freezes after a few seconds...

EDIT : Problem with the quest

bennymarkt
Honored Guest
Same problem here, the streaming freezes after a few seconds. Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Android 9.

chettawan
Expert Protege
Cast to the phone never work for me both Go and Quest. My phone is Huawei P20 Pro. Cast session always freeze after a few minutes.

happyDecay
Protege
I have the same issue on Quest and Huawei P20. Cast freezes after 5 seconds and cannot be re-established unless I restart the Oculus app. 

digiomegamon
Honored Guest
Huawei P30. Is this a Huawei problem?