Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

SinsinfulSinsinful Posts: 66
Hiro Protagonist
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!

Comments

• cybershrapnelcybershrapnel Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    seconded
  • Reinart_The_FoxReinart_The_Fox Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    in my last e-mail with support i asked them to make an official statement on this forum.
  • Reinart_The_FoxReinart_The_Fox Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    i'm guessing they don't know what to say yet
  • SinsinfulSinsinful Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah it's been two days now, three for some. I think its only fair to either call for a recall on defective units or let us know a firmware or app update will fix this. It's the not knowing that's causing most people concern.
    Like I've said I do not mind waiting for a fix but I'll be dammed if they are just going to ignore me in the hopes I'll just take the hit on defective hardware that will never be right.
  • DapperladDapperlad Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    I've had a ticket open since Launch Day and not a single word in response! It's outrageous.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Glad someone agrees. I have been getting a lot of fanboy comments telling me to calm down. Best part of it is most of them prob don't even own a Rift! and i have been supporting Oculus since the start owning not only the CV1 but the prototype before it.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just heard from a guy on reddit that he got into a chat from his ticket and they are sending him a new headset with promise of a refund if it does not work. Looks like its the hardware guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    At this rate it will be weeks before I get a working headset :-(
  • TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    They are probably swamped. I mean, if you look at all the problem threads on the forum, I can only imagine how many emails they got sent. It sucks, but if you're patient I'm sure they will help. I also have a ticket in there for a broken Touch controller and I am waiting too.
    Brain Burst
    I firmly believe the problem lies in the cable...
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    @ShowbizDonkey please make a Closed Sticky Announcement with possible fixes and test etc. plus a link for newcomers to create a Ticket and details of how to have ready their Diag Files.
  • Soulless512Soulless512 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    Because they dont want to admit they have a shitstorm on their hands. I have just now had 2 instances in the same freaking games that has support for the rift s of it blackscreening on me. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, makes me want to take the damn thing back and get a freaking refund!
    Wintermute
    I already got £10 back just for a few days late Delivery. If I keep this ready for the Live Win1909 then I'd want compensated further to stay with them as we all know by then what else will be out and prices may have already altered. It saves them being stuck with most of their Sales become Returns for Refurb Units!!!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,515 Valuable Player
    Hey all - just want to apologize for the wait times in Oculus Support right now. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of tickets than normal, and the team is working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. We recognize that some of you are experiencing things that require some troubleshooting, both on Rift S and Quest, and it's frustrating not not hear back immediately. That stinks, I know, but we're working as fast as possible to get back to everyone. Thanks for hanging in there with us.
    Thanks for the communication - always helps to hear at least something.
    I look forward to hearing back hopefully before too much longer on my support ticket.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey all - just want to apologize for the wait times in Oculus Support right now. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of tickets than normal, and the team is working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. We recognize that some of you are experiencing things that require some troubleshooting, both on Rift S and Quest, and it's frustrating not not hear back immediately. That stinks, I know, but we're working as fast as possible to get back to everyone. Thanks for hanging in there with us.
    3 days for this? Still no communication via my ticket. NO. Just no. This is unacceptable. No company would put out faulty hardware and expect not to communicate with their customers for 3 days. And it's not "frustrating" it IS wrong. It's terrible customer service and an all-around terrible way to treat people. This could have been avoided with a sticky announcement on the forum as suggested. Instead, Oculus is trying to cover up the fact that a percentage of their customers are £400 (plus the cost of whatever games or apps bought) down with a useless headset and no idea of when this will be rectified. I swear to god my next step is a full investigation into numbers of customers affected, response times to tickets and the reason for the utter lack of communication!
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    @ShowbizDonkey please make a Closed Sticky Announcement with possible fixes and test etc. plus a link for newcomers to create a Ticket and details of how to have ready their Diag Files.
    Until this happens, here is a link to useful page that list some potential solutions as well as link to log collection methodology: https://uploadvr.com/how-to-fix-rift-s-tracking/

how to get logs: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,831 Valuable Player
    edited May 25
    Sinsinful said:
    3 days for this? Still no communication via my ticket. NO. Just no. This is unacceptable. No company would put out faulty hardware and expect not to communicate with their customers for 3 days. And it's not "frustrating" it IS wrong. It's terrible customer service and an all-around terrible way to treat people. This could have been avoided with a sticky announcement on the forum as suggested. Instead, Oculus is trying to cover up the fact that a percentage of their customers are £400 (plus the cost of whatever games or apps bought) down with a useless headset and no idea of when this will be rectified. I swear to god my next step is a full investigation into numbers of customers affected, response times to tickets and the reason for the utter lack of communication!

It may depend on the amount of tickets they are getting - in case they are getting more than they could anticipate, this may prolong response times. I'm sure you'll get an answer as soon as possible. Or consider making a post on Oculus Reddit, sometimes Oculus Support responds in there (at least much more often than in here), but due to the massive amount of posts these days, I wouldn't put my hopes high regarding Reddit either. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Hiro Protagonist
    Lads, I'm all over Reddit and have tried every solution over the past 3 days. I'm also talking to lots of people in the same boat. I'm hearing the hardware is faulty and replacement is required and they don't have any stock. Also, I have yet to hear a report from anyone who has fixed ANYTHING from these threads you are linking which I have been following them from there inception. 
    I don't want links to troubleshooting. 3 days of that was enough. I want a working headset or my money back this is madness. We should not be treated like this and it not on.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok so after 3 days ticket answered. First they asked me to do all the shit we have been doing over the past 3 days. Then they took all my serial numbers and told me they would get back to me in 48 hours. They have no clue whats going on. Talking about the fault with the controllers and ignoring the fact I get a notification that the software cant track the heatset.
    I'm going to push for a refund as I have had enough.
    Brain Burst
    yah, I can't even make it through setup process today... thing keeps resetting before I can even define the room...
    Hiro Protagonist
    3 days wait for this level of support is enraging. Lost all faith in Oculus. I'll see what they do when the 48 hours are up then I'm posting all the logs from the support emails and live chat to Reddit to point out how insanely bad this whole thing was handled.
    Hiro Protagonist
    They basically made me wait 3 days to run me over the troubleshooting page from the website. Then they are making me wait for another 48 to tell me my Rift S needs replaced (which I already knew). God knows how long that process is going to take.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    Just sold hundreds of thousands of new headsets, all having to be shipped, it's the weekend with a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

This will go on for a couple of weeks and then improve.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Almost a week has passed since release and I still have a faulty headset. How many others in the same boat I wonder. Hiro_Protag0nist said:
    Just sold hundreds of thousands of new headsets, all having to be shipped, it's the weekend with a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Do you think this is acceptable Hiro? I don't. No other company would try and get away with it.
    A lot has changed at Oculus since the take over and not for the better.
  • hellbringeranushellbringeranus Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited May 27
    Sinsinful said:
    Almost a week has passed since release and I still have a faulty headset. How many others in the same boat I wonder. Hiro_Protag0nist said:

Do you think this is acceptable Hiro? I don't. No other company would try and get away with it.
    A lot has changed at Oculus since the take over and not for the better

As a new buyer I was pretty offended by the support email you get treating you like a dumbo. But what has really annoyed me as well is that the wait time for a new unit is also really long. So I mean really none of it is acceptable and really does make you angry and think of alternatives.
    Wintermute
    edited May 27
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,831 Valuable Player
    Sinsinful said:
    NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
    OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!

I think they're extremely busy:

"Oculus support very busy

When I asked at the live chat what place I am in they set 3000, I created my ticked 2 days ago, they also said they have expanded their service with more people."

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/btbhr3/oculus_support_very_busy/

You'll probably just have to wait. 2c.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Hiro Protagonist
    SEVEN DAYS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM OCULUS!
  • antitrust42antitrust42 Posts: 115
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 28
    in 2 word oculus is bad support !
    they not want we return our headset , but they not want resolve anything bercause it the headset itself the problem with their bad software , so they cant fo anything for that 
    they answer on forum all time the samething , i'm done with them

i return mine
    Hiro Protagonist
    Trying the PCI-e card fix then I'm out. And of the back of the terrible support, I will NOT be buying Oculus again.