cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

spyro
Expert Protege

Wasn't successful getting this to work. Headset is connected to the app, all green. TV, Smartphone and Quest are all connected to the same WiFi.

First, I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield (nothing happened). According to the app there should be some sort of confirmation screen in the headset, which isn't the case.

Same when trying to cast to the phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S9, Android Pie).

So I tried it the other way around and started sharing from inside the headset. Same thing, nothing happens on the phone. Except one time, where I just got a black screen.

Did this work for anyone?

BTW: Would be great if you could alternatively stream directly to the phone (WiFi Direct). So you could share someone's experience if you are not at home. Currently, it's not possible to assist someone without being connected to an external WiFi.

81 REPLIES 81

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Works on my Shield too. Casing on my Huawei directly results into a freeze after 4 Seconds. Same with the GO. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

dbMdb
Honored Guest
Same here. Casting to Huawei P Smart.  Screen appears but everything freezes and stays like that.

Edit: Both devices sitting in an 'old' 2.4ghz network. Could this be the issue?

Fear345
Explorer
Mine casts perfectly to my Nvidia Sheild and also to my Pixel 3 XL. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

belzenub said:

Same here. Casting to Huawei P Smart.  Screen appears but everything freezes and stays like that.

Edit: Both devices sitting in an 'old' 2.4ghz network. Could this be the issue?

No, same on my 5GHz Wlan. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Jerg
Honored Guest
Maybe it's a Oculus <> Huawei phone issue? My Huawei P10 is getting frozen casting after a few seconds too.

happyDecay
Protege
I have the same issue on Quest and Huawei P20. Cast freezes after 5 seconds and cannot be re-established unless I restart the Oculus app. 

haloharry97
Protege
I have no problems am on samsung S9+

bennymarkt
Honored Guest
Same here. Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android 9. The stream freezes after a few seconds.

Jerg said:

Maybe it's a Oculus <> Huawei phone issue? My Huawei P10 is getting frozen casting after a few seconds too.

Facebook and Huawei - they are both fighting over who can steal your data the most    😄
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

happyDecay
Protege
A friend told me to switch from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz Wifi. I use Huawei P20. It seemed better, but then still froze after 15 seconds. He uses a different Android phone, and he has no problem casting. 
I have heard that Huawei phones have issues like this before, so maybe we can ask the development team to focus on Huawei <-> Ocolus Quest and find a solution.