cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - Headset Black screen on Setup "Continue with headset"

Vikinuts_ITA
Honored Guest

Hi, today i use for the first time my new Rift S.
I install the oculus software, download all firmware and connect the headset.
They
work well until i arrive in the "continue with headset" screen and i
can't do anything because in my headset i don't see anthing, it remain
in a black screen.

Power blu led and white led are on but i can't continue with the setup.

I already do this task:

- Repair Oculus setup

- Update Nvidia Driver

- Disable usb power management standby in usb 3 root in device manager

- Update Oculus driver

- Remove headmask and reconnect the cable after 5 seconds.

- Change usb 3.0 port and DP port.

I still always have black screen in my headset and i can' t do the setup.
In device manager i see usb3 "oculus rift s hub"  and the camera "rift s sensor"

How i can do??

This is my rig:

i7 3770k

Gigabyte z77 ds3h

Rtx 2060 FE

4x4GB RAM 1600

SSd 850 120GB (For SO. in this i have oculus software)

Crucial mx 500GB (This is the path for oculus software and games)

2 x HD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rp

Corsair cx500m

Sharkoon TG5 Rgb

1  1080p 60Hz monitor connected with HDMI.

SO: I have a clean windows 10 may 2019 update.

I already made the oculus support ticket

Thanks for all reply and sorry for my english

28 REPLIES 28

Scottster_
Honored Guest
I am convinced it is a software/driver bug issue on Oculus' end. I have spent countless hours troubleshooting since Friday with no resolution. I set back up my original Rift and it works flawlessly.
 This is not an isolated issue. Many are suffering from it.

Punkarelli
Explorer
I'm in the same boat.

Blacktides
Explorer
same 😞

doing my head in now

Blacktides
Explorer

I am convinced it is a software/driver bug issue on Oculus' end. I have spent countless hours troubleshooting since Friday with no resolution. I set back up my original Rift and it works flawlessly.

would be interesting to find out - its weird so i have a 1080ti in my machine and ive spent hours the same as yourself to try and resolve - even went too the extreem of wiping my pc and starting again, whats fustrating is my friend brought a rift s the same day and his works perfectly at home, he even brough his headset over to test if mine was just broken but still a black screen in his working unit.

very concerning and very fustrating.

Bananaro
Explorer

would be interesting to find out - its weird so i have a 1080ti in my machine and ive spent hours the same as yourself to try and resolve - even went too the extreem of wiping my pc and starting again, whats fustrating is my friend brought a rift s the same day and his works perfectly at home, he even brough his headset over to test if mine was just broken but still a black screen in his working unit.

well, that at least proves it's not a faulty unit.

Scottster_
Honored Guest

Does your friend have an Nvidea card as well? I have a 1070ti. I DL'd the new driver today and tried it with "S" before going back to my original Rift.

GGAU
Honored Guest
Try the front USB port, that's the only thing that worked for me.

Bryros
Explorer
The same and tried to repair but it does not work. I think I'll contact support or I do not know what to do.

Blacktides
Explorer

GGAU said:

Try the front USB port, that's the only thing that worked for me.

My pc case is too big to reach from too the front and still get into the DP 😞 going to order a DP extender cable and pray... will let you know if any update.

i have contacted support regardless so lets see what happens.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?