New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My Oculus store doesn't even load anymore......

IBootlegIBootleg Posts: 4
NerveGear
....So as the title says. 

It started with an update for the unspoken.  The store kept apologizing to me that it couldn't update the game.  When I tried right clicking and uninstalling the game all together, that didn't work either.  So I uninstalled the store app completely hoping a re-install would be the fix.  What a nightmare.  Won't even load the store anymore.  All I get is the "breathing" oculus symbol.  I thought that maybe it was just loading all the games back in.  I left it like that over night.  It's almost as if it becomes unresponsive.  I cant even X it out.  I have to task manager and end task.  I would hope that Oculus would cover the costs of my library if I am no longer able to access it.  All my Steam games work fine.........go figure.

Comments

• IBootlegIBootleg Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Here is my log after installation.  Saw your post after I made mine.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited February 2017
    Sorry about that. It appears the Oculus app became corrupted. Can you try doing a repair installation? You can do the repair by just running the setup again.
    https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • axiumaxium Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Very interesting. I switched from x99 to z270 last night and I couldn't get oculus home to load after a fresh windows 10 install. I've now spent a few hours troubleshooting with no results. I must have reinstalled the oculus app 10 times already. Including cleaning all registries and hidden files. Sometimes it'll get stuck on the oculus logo breathing, but most times the app will just crash as soon as you try to open it. 

I've sent my logs to support. The whole process has me pretty frustrated as well. I wonder if oculus borked something in the latest build seed. 
  • IBootlegIBootleg Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    BRO I ALSO REINSTALLED WINDOWS.  NOTHING.

I opened a ticket as well.  ill run the setup again to "repair" but I have uninstalled and re-installed several times.  I even reset my PC.  Still nothing.
    NerveGear
    I've put together the x99 system and it has the same issue. So I have two separate systems with fresh win 10 installs and latest nvidia drivers, neither is able to load a new install of oculus home. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (both 2013 and 2015 and both x86 and x64)? See if that helps.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Good call. I don't have anything on the systems besides oculus home, so it's possible that the oculus setup missed the redist for them. Will try when I get home and report back. 
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    Unfortunately that did not work. Installed 4 of the above mentioned redists. All of them were already installed, so I repaired each installation. End result is the same. Home briefly opens and closes. 

Edit - Seems like on this last home reinstall I may have been pushed the latest version. It miraculously launched. Now onto cameras not seeing touch controllers -_-
  • WebbefieldzzWebbefieldzz Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    WHAT A CRAPPY HEADSET THIS OCULUS RIFT S!!!! Besides all issues I've been having since day one, now the HOME and STORE do not open up.
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,212
    3Jane
    erma gerd so crappeh! lol

goes back to playing said Rift S