cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S not Connecting

ZackZeta
Honored Guest
Hello, Everyone I've been trying to connect my rift since it came out. It doesn't seem to be recognizing the headset at all. When I first got it I connected it and it had an orange light. I proceeded to the setup and installed it, it said I needed to update my graphics drivers so I did. After this is has been stuck on connect your headset screen with no recognition.

What I've tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling.
Deleting Files and Reinstalling
Repair set up
Checking for drivers to update.
Checking for Windows Updates
Restarting computer
Changing USB and Display ports locations (made sure it's on my graphics card)
Unplugging and replugging cable on Headset itself

Any Advice Would be greatly Appreciated

npjtzwq7rp4p.png
Graphics Card:

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SC Gaming, Silent Cooling Graphics Card 02G-P4-2951-KR

ree2ctz5fo29.png

40 REPLIES 40

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I sort of had this issue at first. Unplugging the displayport and plugging it back in fixed it. If it doesn't work at PC end, try HMD's end.

cheatmonk
Honored Guest
Orange is bad. It only works if it is white afaik

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

cheatmonk said:

Like i said login in as a different windows user...

Doing this fixed my inability to install the Oculus software. I seriously doubt after that it has anything to do with it, namely not picking up the fact it's plugged in. Hopefully for OP it's just a matter of reseating the cable connection on either end.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows runs into Permission issues eventually via their Updates. You will find you can't have access to the Oculus Folder which it too is experiencing and so needs a new Windows User OR you may get it to work after cleaning it with Regscanner and deleting a search for "Oculus". However, it is best to avoid the OS drive completely and install to a 2nd Drive even though the Software has no option to set this.
Knowing this can go wrong I'd unplug any old RIFT powered OFF, then boot up to clear it and then plugin USB of RIFTS, then perform a REBOOT, then plugin the DP of RIFT S. You want that USB connection to firmly fix itself and do indexing it needs. Else I'd look at USB C adapter OR a DP>HMDI perhaps or as some said a powered DP HUB. It is rather odd if you need to buy a USB Card but not use their own Drivers! Surely the same would be true to use Windows own Drivers for the Motherboard's USB!

End of this link to clear Oculus and install to 2nd Drive...
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74027/games-wont-update

bmo94
Honored Guest
Tried on a fresh Windows 10 install on a separate drive and still no luck. Does anyone know if there is an official Oculus response regarding this particular issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
They "know" obviously and this is the only acknowledgement I have seen in this thread...
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/75893/rift-s-static-noise-with-headphones

bmo94
Honored Guest
What a joke...
Well thanks MAC_MAN86 for providing 10x the level of support I've received from a global leader in VR tech.

ZackZeta
Honored Guest
I tried another user and reinstalling again and nothing.

when I first got it, it had an orange light when I plugged it now it doesn't have any lights at all. 

any updates on this issue? if I don't get it solved soon I'm just gonna return it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's a Hotfix for Win10 1903 if you have lost audio in any Oculus Software (e.g. Home Environment OR Oculus own Games). It doesn't affect everyone but you can also hold off Auto Major Updates until a full released fix to stay with 1809.

Nvidia New Driver 430.86 does not fix it. Maybe a USB3.0 PCIe Card does OR selecting another non-manufacturers USB Driver to run possibly less powerful for either 3.0 OR 3.1 slots.

OR try Tape Over the Headset Sensor to prevent going to Sleep as once it does so it has issues until yet another Reboot or Replugin or OCULUS BETA>RESTART.

StretchyCM
Explorer
Two users mentioned in various forum posts that there are problems with user accounts whose Windows user name contains umlauts or similar characters. For this reason, I did create a new standard windows account with a short 1-byte user name ("ocul" in my case) and there installed the Oculus App. WORKED FOR ME!