New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will Oculus Add Streaming Of PC VR Titles To Quest?

GrandTheftGatoGrandTheftGato Posts: 8
NerveGear
Will Oculus eventually offer the ability to stream PC Oculus Rift titles to the Quest? There is already a third party app (VRidge) that lets you stream SteamVR titles and works fairly well on a fast network, but it would be nice to have a first party option to do this without sideloading and with native Touch controller support.

Comments

• Sun-Knight-SolaireSun-Knight-Solaire Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    As-is, I doubt it. Though it would be very nice to see this become a feature.

I've not been able to get VRidge into an even semi playable state. My network is the Google Wifi pucks. They can handle the bandwidth, but despite that I seem to have massive latency, resolution issues, and image decay; not even going into the transmission delay issues I've encountered with it.

• trankillitytrankillity Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Give ALVR a go. People have been reporting much better success with ALVR.
    And you really need your PC to be hard-wired because WiFi is only half duplex, which means that if both sources are on WiFi, the maximum transmission speed is halved.
    Aside from some artifacting, I had no issues with VRidge/Riftcat, but will be trying ALVR more tonight.
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    No I seriously doubt it, mostly due to licenses.
     And honestly, the modding community would do a much better job making it all work down the line.
    Be good, die great !
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,212
    3Jane
    If this worked flawlessly, it would render tethered PC VR obsolete. It doesn't...and it doesn't.