cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys TRUST me. Alien Isolation from 2014 is STILL top 5 AAA VR Experience!

redmantab
Protege
Wanted to share this with you guys perhaps to help you enjoy something in the same way that I am : )  Today I stumbled on the article from 2017 about Engadgets mod/hack "Mother VR" to play Alien Isolation in VR as it was semi-intended by the developer.  My God.  I turned OculusSuper sampling up to 1.5 and Mother VR mod pixel ration to 2.0 and everything on Ultra.  My 1081 Ti doesn't even miss a beat and this game is seriously gorgeous.  I run Elite Dangerous, DCS, and some other AAA games but I can't believe this is that good.  Lighting is phenomenal, details are beautiful, and there is full locomotion and movement options to keep all of us happy.

Long full AAA experience, CHECK
Ridiculous Immersion, Check
Killer Graphics, Check
Great Story and Details, Check.

Tired of the fact that most VR experiences are just, well, experiences?!?  Give this a try.  It really is top notch.  Thumbs way up!

9 REPLIES 9

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sounds great!  Could you be so kind as to provide links to the game and VR mod.  Also how to apply and use the mod?  Many thanks mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Here you go mate
https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases
All info needed is on same page.

Havent tried it with the nov. 2018 update though. ( Maybe I should soon as its a really great mod ).

Be good, die great !

Sandcracka
Adventurer
Looks interesting I'll have to try it since I've been wanting to play that game again. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Does the updated mod allow for snap turning because I wanted to throw up every time I played the game with smooth turning.

nickyb78
Protege
It is a good experience, only thing that i dont like is the world scale is a bit off. Everything seems a bit squashed. But u get used to it and it is defo one of the good vr games

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I had no idea they added VR controls to this game! That's what I was waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LQamcUae6I
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Luciferous
Consultant
yeah brilliant game, the monitors used to give me a headache, way too close.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Thanks for reminding me, I already tried this with Rift CV1 but haven't tried it with Rift S yet. It was amazing on CV1 so I'm sure it will look even better with Rift S.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Sandcracka
Adventurer
Can anyone tell me how to lean back when hiding in a locker?  It says to hold down left stick but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Also, how to hold your breath?