cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

cybershrapnel
Protege
yah, I can't even make it through setup process today... thing keeps resetting before I can even define the room...

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
3 days wait for this level of support is enraging. Lost all faith in Oculus. I'll see what they do when the 48 hours are up then I'm posting all the logs from the support emails and live chat to Reddit to point out how insanely bad this whole thing was handled.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
They basically made me wait 3 days to run me over the troubleshooting page from the website. Then they are making me wait for another 48 to tell me my Rift S needs replaced (which I already knew). God knows how long that process is going to take.

Just sold hundreds of thousands of new headsets, all having to be shipped, it's the weekend with a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

This will go on for a couple of weeks and then improve.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Almost a week has passed since release and I still have a faulty headset. How many others in the same boat I wonder. Hiro_Protag0nist said:

Just sold hundreds of thousands of new headsets, all having to be shipped, it's the weekend with a Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Do you think this is acceptable Hiro? I don't. No other company would try and get away with it.
A lot has changed at Oculus since the take over and not for the better.

hellbringeranus
Explorer

Sinsinful said:

Almost a week has passed since release and I still have a faulty headset. How many others in the same boat I wonder. Hiro_Protag0nist said:

Do you think this is acceptable Hiro? I don't. No other company would try and get away with it.
A lot has changed at Oculus since the take over and not for the better

As a new buyer I was pretty offended by the support email you get treating you like a dumbo. But what has really annoyed me as well is that the wait time for a new unit is also really long. So I mean really none of it is acceptable and really does make you angry and think of alternatives.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Sinsinful said:

NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!

I think they're extremely busy:

"Oculus support very busy

When I asked at the live chat what place I am in they set 3000, I created my ticked 2 days ago, they also said they have expanded their service with more people."

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/btbhr3/oculus_support_very_busy/

You'll probably just have to wait. 2c.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
SEVEN DAYS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM OCULUS!

antitrust42
Expert Protege
in 2 word oculus is bad support !
they not want we return our headset , but they not want resolve anything bercause it the headset itself the problem with their bad software , so they cant fo anything for that 
they answer on forum all time the samething , i'm done with them

i return mine