cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Trying the PCI-e card fix then I'm out. And of the back of the terrible support, I will NOT be buying Oculus again.

cybershrapnel
Protege
yup, returning mine as well... it's fantastic when it works..... for those 5 minutes.

Suburbantrash66
Honored Guest
i got word back from them after 3 days and they had me submit to them my oculus logs, so im waiting to hear back from them again

cybershrapnel
Protege
dex4ohuqms3q.png
Just run from oculus! return your rifts s and don't look back!!!!! They can take the time to scold me for something that doesn't need scolding but they can't respond to our issues... lol  This is good stuff!!!  Good stuff to convince me that oculus being bought by facebook was the doom of oculus.   Losing Lucky Palmer should have made that clear but now it is right there in front of our faces!!!!! The type of person that sent me this email is the type of person that identifies as an offended beautiful ornate building.... lol

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Oculus, when visiting your official forums I found to my horror that the Mods were doing their jobs properly. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😄

kojack
MVP
MVP
They can take the time to scold me for something that doesn't need scolding but they can't respond to our issues... 

There's a bit of a misunderstanding here.
Moderators don't work for Oculus. We're not paid employees. We don't get free Half Domes (I did ask, sadly no). We have full time jobs outside of this forum, we're just a couple of community volunteers trying to keep things from falling further into chaos (deleting spammers, moving threads to the right board, etc). If we take the time to help people on here with hardware/software issues it's because we are choosing to in our spare time, just like everybody else here.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
What he said ^^^ ohh and the warning stands. Please be respectful of other users and no personal attacks. Thanks
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege

KlodsBrik said:

In that case I think a warning should be issued to KlodsBrik for this and for the previous insults at me that no one seem to care about. 
We debate the issue not the man.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sinsinful said:

KlodsBrik said:

In that case I think a warning should be issued to KlodsBrik for this and for the previous insults at me that no one seem to care about. 
We debate the issue not the man.

Disagree. That meme was in response to a verbal barrage and personal attack. Besides, you've been spamming the forum across multiple threads. Stop worrying about other people and just focus on your Troubleshooting problems.