cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Recorded Videos will not play on PC

iN5OMANiAC
Protege
As above, I record gameplay footage using the inbuilt record feature, it plays back on my Quest just fine (apart from the audio lag), but when I plug into my PC and drag them off they arent playable, they are the right file size and they're MP4 format but they dont have a thumbnail picture or a length.

I had this before with two other recordings, I went back and watched on Quest then plugged it back in again and they suddenly worked as a normal video, but the latest two just wont. It's like theyr enot finalised or something. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same exact issue, except I was never able to play not one video (if not directly in the oculus gallery which works just fine)

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hi there - This is a known issue and the team is working hard to resolve as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @iN5OMANiAC and @Xtruder, we've reached out to you regarding the playback issue (via email). Please reply when you're able to.Thanks! -Rick 
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

FabitoFabito
Honored Guest
I have the same problem! Has it been solved?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @FabitoFabito, this issue is still being investigated. If you're having the same issue, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com and provide us a sample video file that you're having issues playing. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dukeRaccoon
Honored Guest
Any updates on this?

peter_thor_378
Honored Guest
Having this issue here as well. Any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep same here time stamp just shows 00:00:00

MrEberrich
Honored Guest
Don't copy your file from the file system, but install android ADB and then use the following code in the commandline:
adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:/location-you-want
You might need to enable developer mode, not sure if it works without.

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73315/video-codec-change