cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
You can disagree all you want Zebane as your just as bad. You don't have a faulty headset and you don't have a fix for users who do. So your just posting on my posts to antagonise. You have read my posts and my name is clearly labelled on them so if your not interested in the topic or can't help, don't read them AND certainly don't comment.
As for spamming, I am not. I'm trying to get answers for the large proportion of people with faulty Rift S headsets. Just because there is a group of people who don't agree with you that 8 days with a broken headset and no official response from Oculus is plain WRONG does not mean I am spamming. Just because we believe a 3rd iteration of a headset should work as intended and we are tying to keep this subject alive does not make us spammers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the FebSmart USB3.0 Card which fixed it for one user. It installed Renesas Driver which my old Startech PCI USB3.0 Card used to use on my old Xeon Quad (now banned by Oculus yet worked for 3yrs). PokerstarsVR is easy to crash but also Elite eventually does after 2hours especially if pushing the Graphics through the Asteroid Dust. Powered Extensions also have been said to fix it. I need to Test then get back.

falken76
Expert Consultant

Sinsinful said:

Ok so after 3 days ticket answered. First they asked me to do all the shit we have been doing over the past 3 days. Then they took all my serial numbers and told me they would get back to me in 48 hours. They have no clue whats going on. Talking about the fault with the controllers and ignoring the fact I get a notification that the software cant track the heatset.
I'm going to push for a refund as I have had enough.

Just return it before you give yourself an ulcer over a video game unit.  Buy it again in 6 months when everything is ironed out.  I remember these threads when the CV1 came out, they were identical.  I had some issues too back then, only mine cost $600 back then, then it happened again when touch came out at $200.  But they ended up ironing out the issues, but it took a while.  If you can't deal with how their support is (Sounds terrible by the way, I'd return just for the fact there's so much volume it is taking a long time for them to respond)

falken76
Expert Consultant

Sinsinful said:

They basically made me wait 3 days to run me over the troubleshooting page from the website. Then they are making me wait for another 48 to tell me my Rift S needs replaced (which I already knew). God knows how long that process is going to take.

Sounds like SOP when it comes to RMA and Tech with many companies.  Granted not the top tier, but this is pretty standard.

falken76
Expert Consultant

Sinsinful said:

SEVEN DAYS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM OCULUS!

Request "Return for Refund".  Wait it out, then when you re-buy (Assuming you don't go with a competitors brand), get it through Amazon or Best Buy so you have a return option that is fast and not reliant on slow email responses.  Best Buy is walk in, Amazon is both return by mail or walk in (You can now return Amazon Merchandise to Kohl's)

Hopefully you already buy the bulk of your games on Steam so you can make a clean break and keep all your games without the need to use a hack if you decide to go with a competitors brand HMD.  I'd be upset too if they took the better half of a week to follow up with me after a non helpful response email.

falken76
Expert Consultant

dex4ohuqms3q.png
Just run from oculus! return your rifts s and don't look back!!!!! They can take the time to scold me for something that doesn't need scolding but they can't respond to our issues... lol  This is good stuff!!!  Good stuff to convince me that oculus being bought by facebook was the doom of oculus.   Losing Lucky Palmer should have made that clear but now it is right there in front of our faces!!!!! The type of person that sent me this email is the type of person that identifies as an offended beautiful ornate building.... lol

Forum Moderator is different than Oculus.  I don't even think they're paid, it's a volunteer basis...

Sinsinful
Expert Protege

Hopefully you already buy the bulk of your games on Steam so you can make a clean break and keep all your games without the need to use a hack if you decide to go with a competitors brand HMD.  I'd be upset too if they took the better half of a week to follow up with me after a non helpful response email.

Afraid not, I have been an avid Oculus supporter from discovering Lucky Palmer and reading about him showing the idea to John carmack and blowing him away. I bought the DK1, CV1 and now the Rift. I had no end of great technical support with those first 2 products. That's part of the reason I'm so angry. I had 3 xbox 360s replaced back in the day and the process was flawless. The most important thing that made the xbox 360 debacle easy was the communication was on point. 

falken76
Expert Consultant
Ok, Microsoft had been around for decades at that point and they are one of the largest companies that deals directly with customers that have trashed their product for years (How often do you hear people talk shit about windows, it's on a daily basis), It's not surprising at all that they have steller support.

It's a shame you fell for only buying your games through Oculus for some weird Loyalty reason, I didn't trust it at all because it was a walled garden and the majority of the games were also available on the service I was familiar with and I understood to be a universal platform supporting many hardware manufacturers.  On top of that I never had performance issues with steam and I started this on hardware that was not supported (I7 2600k).  I'd only buy exclusives on the Oculus store, but nothing looks interesting to me that is exclusive.

I remember the same complaints when CV1 was released, everyone was complaining just like today.  They were quick with my RMA support ticket, but that wasn't in the midst of a new product launch and there were no holidays.... I.E.  The Oculus support people were probably twiddling their thumbs because there were no support tickets at the time I turned mine in and it was handled pretty quickly.  I imagine it's a nightmare in support at this moment, they have two devices to support and they both just launched.  If I get a Rift S, it's only on confirmation that it works well with Onward, so far no dice.  I assume everthing will be working properly by then if it ever happens.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sinsinful said:

So your just posting on my posts to antagonise.

No, you are thread hopping and antagonizing the entire forum in some strange attempt to "punish" everyone just because your issues isn't getting resolved fast enough. You already had a response from Oculus Support publicly, and they are working with you privately. All you've been doing the past few days is making a public spectacle of the situation.

You have read my posts and my name is clearly labelled on them so if
your not interested in the topic or can't help, don't read them AND
certainly don't comment.

I tried ignoring them but you just keep bumping multiple threads repeatedly. If you don't want the general public commenting on your posts, then why post on a public forum?

Just because there is a group of people who don't agree with you that 8
days with a broken headset and no official response from Oculus is
plain WRONG does not mean I am spamming.

First, yes you are indeed spamming. Second, it's not about right vs wrong but about being patient, sensible, and mature.

Just because we believe a 3rd
iteration of a headset should work as intended and we are tying to keep
this subject alive does not make us spammers.

Spamming is what makes you a spammer. And it doesn't matter how man iterations of computer technology is released, they are all vulnerable to bugs and flaws. If you aren't capable of troubleshooting with patience and maturity then perhaps computer technology is not for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hang on a minute. If there's a vanilla forum does that mean that this forum is for sexual deviants only? I wondered why I felt so at home here all these years! 😄