cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please do not submit duplicate support tickets

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - 

In reviewing customer support contact data, we found that there are a large number of duplicate support tickets being submitted. These duplicate tickets and chats ultimately slow down the team's ability to respond. We understand that the wait times right now are frustrating, and we are truly sorry about that. That said, submitting a duplicate ticket or starting a chat to check on the status of your original ticket will only result in further wait times to both you and others. It will not speed up our response times.

As a result, we kindly request that you only submit a single support ticket for any issues you are experiencing and keep any response to that thread.

If you are on Rift or Rift S and are experiencing an issue, it will help our team to have logs from your PC so we can see what's going on behind the scenes, should we need to dig into the issue more deeply. In order to collect these logs, please do the following:
  1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus software to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your ticket submission.
Thanks for all of your patience and understanding while the team works through this busy time.
34 REPLIES 34

Suspector
Explorer
Yes... doesn"t help at all. The only thing they say in chat is that they can't help me and will send the info forward to the existing ticket... the one week old ticket I have at the support where no one helps me.
Still no news on the shipping of my preorder that I made 1st of May... that they also charged me for the 20th... this totally sucks.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Loads of people recieved their rift without tracking, do you know who the courier was by chance ??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Suspector
Explorer
They sent me the tracking number at UPS on May 21st but UPS still hasn't recieved the package from oculus. Talked to UPS a few hours ago. UPS also said that they have no ongoing investigation regarding my package even though the oculus support said to me in my ticket that they had.

Suspector
Explorer
The worst thing is that I will travel away on vacation on monday... so if they don't send it like today I will probably not be home to recive it if it finally comes.
Didn't expect it to take two weeks or more to deliver it.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I really remember this happening with the CV1 launch, we had a user or 2 that got tracking and UPS said they hadn't recieved but Oculus said they sent. I would get a ticket raised with UPS asap !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Suspector
Explorer
The problem is that UPS said that oculus are the only ones who can create the ticket...

Techy111
MVP
MVP
OK Hang in there fella 😞

Suspector
Explorer
The funniest thing of the issues I have with the support is when I emailed them that a manager needs to take a look at my ticket since something is very wrong with how they handle it.

Then I got an answer back that my request of having a manager taking a look at it has been merged with my original ticket... they just posted my email in the ticket that no one helps me with...
thats some quality work right there :neutral:

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It's almost like they think its a headset issue....but its a missing headset issue. I hope you get sorted soon, if you hear nothing by Sunday then PM me and I'll see if I can prod someone for you, no promises mate 🙂

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Sharing here as well for the Rift S folks seeking support. If you're using Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues, please try opting into the latest PTC (https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/) build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help. If you continue to experience issues, feel free to update your existing support ticket thread to let them know that the latest PTC did not resolve whatever issue you may be having.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?