cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

hellbringeranus
Explorer

Techy111 said:

OK folks back to OP's topic please....Grrrr Oculus Grrr

Don't get yourself too worked up or we will be back to sex and religious matters again. the circle of life 😉

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Jesus christ. Jesus fu@kin christ. Just because you try an act all polite does not make you any less of a troll. I thought this was a community of like minded VR users. It's just a jerk circle for fanboys. None of you who are trolling have added anything to the conversation other than defence of really bad, unacceptable customer service. Acting as a shield for a company for a company behaving in the way Oculus is at the minute is pathetic. My posts are not for you rabbit toxic fanboys my posts are for the people who paid £400 for a broken product and have enough respect for ourselves to expect our expensive purchases to work from day 1!

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Sinsinful said:

Jesus christ. Jesus fu@kin christ. Just because you try an act all polite does not make you any less of a troll. I thought this was a community of like minded VR users. It's just a jerk circle for fanboys

Go easy mate, we have some girls here too.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Whelp there we go back to religion again.
WAAAGH!

sford52
Heroic Explorer

falken76 said:

.... It's a shame you fell for only buying your games through Oculus for some weird Loyalty reason, I didn't trust it at all because it was a walled garden and the majority of the games were also available on the service I was familiar with and I understood to be a universal platform supporting many hardware manufacturers.  On top of that I never had performance issues with steam and I started this on hardware that was not supported (I7 2600k).  I'd only buy exclusives on the Oculus store, but nothing looks interesting to me that is exclusive....

I wish I would've realized this a year ago when I bought my Rift.  I've purchased several games, all through Oculus. My fault really for not doing the proper due diligence.  I suppose it's not a problem unless I go to a different manufacturer. Ah well, lesson learned and I'll keep your comments in mind from here on out. 

WRT the thread itself, it seems these issues are "bleeding edge" problems, and the support folks are just overwhelmed. I've been part of that group (BE buyer). Knew what I was getting into, though still frustrating. Good luck to both users and support. This too will pass
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

sford52 said:

falken76 said:

.... It's a shame you fell for only buying your games through Oculus for some weird Loyalty reason, I didn't trust it at all because it was a walled garden and the majority of the games were also available on the service I was familiar with and I understood to be a universal platform supporting many hardware manufacturers.  On top of that I never had performance issues with steam and I started this on hardware that was not supported (I7 2600k).  I'd only buy exclusives on the Oculus store, but nothing looks interesting to me that is exclusive....

I wish I would've realized this a year ago when I bought my Rift.  I've purchased several games, all through Oculus. My fault really for not doing the proper due diligence.  I suppose it's not a problem unless I go to a different manufacturer. Ah well, lesson learned and I'll keep your comments in mind from here on out. 

WRT the thread itself, it seems these issues are "bleeding edge" problems, and the support folks are just overwhelmed. I've been part of that group (BE buyer). Knew what I was getting into, though still frustrating. Good luck to both users and support. This too will pass

Yep always does in a few weeks the known issues and fixes will be out and us poor soft spoken trolls will be helping others who come to the forum asking for help.

Well just ignore the folks who demand attention by typing long diatribes of I hate everything Oculus; To include postings of why wont Oculus put me over the other folks who have issues because I am more important than all of those plebs.

Even after they are apparently already in contact with support and the motions are going trough to fix their issues.

Until then.
op0uev04qglk.jpeg
WAAAGH!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
0nlmx4q4452c.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

Techy111 said:

OK folks back to OP's topic please....Grrrr Oculus Grrr

Yes sorry

also apology to any English vicars here.

I’m sure your a Sex God!!
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm Zenbane and so's my wife!!!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/76264/please-do-not-submit-duplicate-support-ticket...