cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two Quest devices. Can they log into the same account and share apps?

NateCook73
Honored Guest
I have two Quest devices. Can they log into the same account and share apps?

18 REPLIES 18

kojack
MVP
MVP
I haven't tried with the Quest (only got 1), but you can have more than one Go on the same account at once.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Eispfogel
Expert Protege
That works fine! You just cannot play most games at the same time together.
But yes, you can have the same account on both headsets and download your games to both Headsets!

KenSniper
Adventurer
What about a Quest and a Rift linked to the same account and played at the same time? 

cprl_vr1
Honored Guest
I also bought two Quests and want to use one app account. However, when I try to set the second one up, the headset says to download the app. Eispfogel, can you tell me how to get to the "enter the pass code" page on the app for the second Quest?

MysticKiwi
Honored Guest
Any updates on this thread? I just bought two Quests for Christmas and wondering the best way to have both headsets playing multi-player games together. 

MikeF
Trustee
if this does work i wouldnt trust it for long as its not a supported feature and it could stop working with an update to the os. Best bet if you're depending on this as a gift is to treat each headset as a separate account and buy what you want to play on each one.

slow1der
Honored Guest
I have a 128GB quest and was planning on buying a 64GB for my second kid so we can play mutliplayer... will we be able to share and play the same apps? I don't want to have to pay for them twice. that would suck.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

slow1der said:

I have a 128GB quest and was planning on buying a 64GB for my second kid so we can play mutliplayer... will we be able to share and play the same apps? I don't want to have to pay for them twice. that would suck.

If you want two Quests to play multiplayer with each other, they will typically need separate accounts with the game bought on each. There may be a few games that will allow multiple instances of the same Oculus account, but most games use the Oculus account as the in-game identity. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Longshot1968
Explorer
I am in this same situation as I wanted two devices for when I had friends over that did not own a device.  However, with the Quest 2 requiring a FB account, and it being against FB policy to create two accounts (which for multiplayer games would be required) there is no option.  Oculus support told me that each friend would have to have a FB account and logon to the Quest and purchase the game.  Then if I had another friend over I would have to factory reset the device, have them logon with their FB account and purchase the game on their account.  It does not seem FB ever thought that one person would want to own multiple devices for multiplayer with friends.  Or the fact that some parents may not want their kids on FB and would need to create dummy accounts to overcome this limitation.