cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Oculus Support help us? or even talk to us?

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Right I'm 2 days in with zero response from Oculus on the fact that my brand new £400 headset has issues with the PC recognising it via the usb port, when it is connected I then have tracking issues in ALL games and apps but the home area (hands freeze will rotate but not move requires reset) every 2 minutes. I reading a lot of threads on this forum and on reddit with people experiencing the same thing. People who have got responses from tickets are saying they basically didn't read the ticket and posted a copy and paste from the troubleshooting page.
Now let me be clear - I'm happy to wait if there was a fix, I'm happy to wait if I need a replacement headset, but what I'm not happy to do is pay £400 for a product that does not work with no contact from the company that sold it. NO phone contact , NO emails, NO ticket response, NOT even a forum announcement. And by the way there are on here answering the easy questions but ignoring the hard ones! which is infuriating.
OCULUS put up a post addressing these issues NOW please, THANK YOU!
103 REPLIES 103

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

You obviously have never encountered any issues sir or you are a master of zen. I would say being a monk like yourself sounds like a wonderful thing to achieve.

I've encounter real issues, that make technology issues seem about as critical as making a pencil point slightly dull. If debugging tech makes you go made, insane, and range... then the things I went through in like 5th grade would likely make you poop yo pants. It's all about experience and perspective.

The things that are making you rage are First World "inconveniences" at best.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Zenbane was bullied..... SHOCKER.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sinsinful said:

Jesus christ. Jesus fu@kin christ.

Yes, my son?

Just because you try an act all polite does not make you any less of a
troll.

Thy politeness shall not remove thy trollness, but disagreement in and of itself shalt not embrace the troll label. Grayskull Proverb 301.

I thought this was a community of like minded VR users.

Thy mind of likeness does not equate to thy brain of Smartness. Grayskull Proverb 302.

It's just
a jerk circle for fanboys.

To be a fan of intellect is to conquer all the things. Grayskull Proverb 303.

None of you who are trolling have added
anything to the conversation other than defence of really bad,
unacceptable customer service.

To correct ill-behavior is not to defend the issue causing the ill-behavior. Grayskull Proverb 304.

Acting as a shield for a company for a
company behaving in the way Oculus is at the minute is pathetic.

Thou shalt remove thine own patheticness before casting pathetic stones. Grayskull Proverb 305.

My
posts are not for you rabbit toxic fanboys my posts are for the people
who paid £400 for a broken product and have enough respect for ourselves
to expect our expensive purchases to work from day 1!

The toxicity of Earth's rabbits cannot by cleansed by money nor by Earthly possessions, but by good acts, good will, and by removing thy head from thy no-no spot. Grayskull Proverb 306.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
is that supposed to be comedy?

lensmandave
Superstar
Made me laugh.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

hellbringeranus
Explorer

Zenbane said:

You obviously have never encountered any issues sir or you are a master of zen. I would say being a monk like yourself sounds like a wonderful thing to achieve.

I've encounter real issues, that make technology issues seem about as critical as making a pencil point slightly dull. If debugging tech makes you go made, insane, and range... then the things I went through in like 5th grade would likely make you poop yo pants. It's all about experience and perspective.

It is as we all had feared then. Zenbane is the master of Zen a feared monk like god who has bested every trial. Without ever raising a pencil!

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

It is as we all had feared then. Zenbane is the master of Zen a feared monk like god who has bested every trial. Without ever raising a pencil!

He still has one Trial left!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zrzMhU_4m-g
38jfogqfknib.png

WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

There's nothing "pencil" about what I "raise," baby 😉

falken76
Expert Consultant

So oculus should be addressing it and handling this professionally and giving us customers the quality of attention we deserve.

this is just my 2 cents

Do you think they're just sitting on their hands and doing absolutely nothing?

falken76
Expert Consultant

Zenbane said:

as a person who knows about the microsoft xbox 360 and the red lights of doom it sends you into a blind rage. well with the snow on the oculus and tracking errors it sends any sane person into a mad man.
So oculus should be addressing it and handling this professionally and giving us customers the quality of attention we deserve.

If you are being sent in to a blind rage and becoming a mad man (as you described), then you should probably stay away from these things. That is not normal behavior.

Sinsinful said:

is that supposed to be comedy?

If it was meant as such, It was fantastic, I loved every word of it because it was exactly that.... Comedy.