cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please do not submit duplicate support tickets

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey everyone - 

In reviewing customer support contact data, we found that there are a large number of duplicate support tickets being submitted. These duplicate tickets and chats ultimately slow down the team's ability to respond. We understand that the wait times right now are frustrating, and we are truly sorry about that. That said, submitting a duplicate ticket or starting a chat to check on the status of your original ticket will only result in further wait times to both you and others. It will not speed up our response times.

As a result, we kindly request that you only submit a single support ticket for any issues you are experiencing and keep any response to that thread.

If you are on Rift or Rift S and are experiencing an issue, it will help our team to have logs from your PC so we can see what's going on behind the scenes, should we need to dig into the issue more deeply. In order to collect these logs, please do the following:
  1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus software to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your ticket submission.
Thanks for all of your patience and understanding while the team works through this busy time.
34 REPLIES 34

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Thanks showbiz I hope that helps folks.
WAAAGH!

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
Software and firmware updates did nothing to improve the situation for me. Also my controllers drained the first set of batteries I put in them which cant be normal. Faulty headset?

Knutsi
Protege

Sinsinful said:

Software and firmware updates did nothing to improve the situation for me. Also my controllers drained the first set of batteries I put in them which cant be normal. Faulty headset?

Interesting - my controller also reported being drained right after the firmware update. It's been sitting in the original box ready for return when Oculus comes around - or the EU open buy limit approaches (if it applies). 

Maybe it's time those of us with the resilient sensor check failures got together and presented Oculus with a good and civil argument they are ignoring an obvious return issue. I hear some people are getting replacement cables. If that does not apply to everyone, are we to wait another week while that happens? 

If they dont reply today (9 days in!), I think I will make a post here and on reddit with a checklist of things tried to collect the names and ticket numbers to those who have properly broken headsets. Maybe that can highlight for them that there are some people out there who really needs a replacement to be arranged.

I have seen at least four people that appear to be in the same boat.

Sinsinful
Expert Protege
I was so hopeful when I seen it was a software and firmware update. I have chatted to a few people on Reddit that are convinced we have dodgy hardware. 9 days is a bit ridiculous, I just want to return the thing now and look for a different option. Which is a real shame. 

vannagirl
Consultant

Sinsinful said:

I was so hopeful when I seen it was a software and firmware update. I have chatted to a few people on Reddit that are convinced we have dodgy hardware. 9 days is a bit ridiculous, I just want to return the thing now and look for a different option. Which is a real shame. 

I am sure it will not come to this they will not be leaving everyone hanging forever.

i thought I see you say before you been around vr sometime you know how vr launches always seem to come will lots of hiccups regardless what hmd you back.

or else we all just had to back a hmd that’s been out a while and had it’s issues ironed out which kinda defeats being the new latest thing I guess

waits are frustrating though I get this, hope it gets fixed soon

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Knutsi
Protege
@vannagirl: It's been 8 days since the headset arrived, 8 days since it broke and never again passed sensor check and 7 days since I tested it on a second VR-capable PC + formatted both to see if it was the headset. This is getting very bad and has a bad outlook time-wise considering it will need to be returned and replaced. I wish at the very least they would triage out and prioritize the tickets where a lengthy return is coming up. It would only in a small way increase the waiting time for everyone else, but alleviate our frustration greatly ?

Edit: I'm just really sad about this whole thing. It will be then end of the month before I can play my 449 euro headset.

vannagirl
Consultant
Never said it hadn’t been long just said I hope it is all resolved soon
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

arcaneskinny
Honored Guest
 I don’t even know if my order was processed.    I did get an order number and they charged my bank account a dollar but when I check my orders there is nothing in there. 

falken76
Expert Consultant

Suspector said:

The problem is that UPS said that oculus are the only ones who can create the ticket...

You can open a claim with UPS, but they will not share the outcome with you, they will share it with the shipping party and they will instruct you to stay in contact with the shipper.  It might be different in your situation because by the sound of it your tracking info would show that the label was created.  The first scan UPS will register when they have the package is called an "origin" scan.  They're probably telling you they need the shipper to open this claim because as far as their info shows, the shipper never made the item available for pickup and Oculus would certainly have a daily pick up account with UPS so UPS would go to Oculus warehouse to pick up the orders.  I used to work for UPS, I'd be willing to bet they never made the package available for UPS to pickup in the first place.  They'd want to ask the shipper more questions in the claim.  For any other reason, you could open a claim as the receiver.  They may have said the shipper needs to create the ticket because they don't even have an origin scan, but the outcome will always be discussed with the shipper and you will always be instructed to stay in contact with the shipper for resolution.  You could tell Oculus that UPS says there is no Origin scan so they have no record of the package being made available for pickup to their driver and you were instructed to contact the shipper and they should start a claim for a missing package.  But in the interim you shouldn't be inconvenienced because someone at Oculus couldn't be bothered to hand a package to a courier...

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer

Sinsinful said:

Also sending bot responses to people waiting 7 days for a solution is a bad idea.

Just received my boilerplate response after 4 days; try rebooting or reinstalling. So, effectively turn it off and back on again, given as a solution to a known Windows 1903 compatibility problem.  😞
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?