Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

If you're using
Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues,
please try opting into the latest PTC (
https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/)
build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
315 REPLIES 315

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried the PTC. Sound did seem slightly better in Beat Saber but mostly the same in Robo Recall (though it was fine for me to begin with). Maybe it's placebo, I was expecting a bigger difference. The issue I was having with grab lag and throwing is still there, but maybe it's a hardware issue.

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege
Allways send logs to support with loggatherer and new update. 
My logs since update looks very different to before update. 
Maybe the informations are changed and helpful to Oculus. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well yesterday’s grip lag fix thanks to 1.38ptc did not last long.  It came back today so I am once again sans controller battery covers, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

DEKED
Explorer
I can confirm that my 04/19 Rift S has the same issues. Static Whites und BSOD here and there...

tex1975
Explorer
151/5000
a disaster now the problem is even more serious because I can no longer connect oculus, having tried all the things written in the forum I will send it backl69cqz3eyl3i.jpg

Orkel
Adventurer

tex1975 said:

151/5000
a disaster now the problem is even more serious because I can no longer connect oculus, having tried all the things written in the forum I will send it backl69cqz3eyl3i.jpg

Same here, some small update on the beta channel happened today and now the headset cannot be detected.

pforsgard
Explorer

Orkel said:

tex1975 said:

151/5000

Same here, some small update on the beta channel happened today and now the headset cannot be detected.

I have the same issue. No headset detected after update. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Opt out and roll back guys, see if it kicks back to life ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

pexpe85
Honored Guest
same problem, no headset detected after update....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Orkel said:

tex1975 said:

151/5000

Hmm I have not seen an update today on PTC, least not that I noticed.