cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

FeralReaper
Protege
oof

FeralReaper
Protege
My buddy tried it, so far it won't even go into set up. it isn't verifying the connection of USB or DP. Just circles around on that set up screen forever.
@MikePixelPusher

FeralReaper
Protege
Their patch made the issue worse.

morphee7
Expert Protege
Well here i am trying to find a fix for this intermitant black screen on death and was just told by a friend to try the beta patch, thank god i didnt if it has bricked headsets
i dont know whats more annoying is that many are having problems but none of the reviews are having none of them,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! Oculus Beta-update to version 1.38 worked for me!!

First I tried 3 different pcs (with gtx 1060 and gtx 1070) and version 1.37, but on all three pcs the oculus rift s remained black. I did the Windows 10 update to 1903 and it didn't work, and switching to another display port also didn't work. I did not try downgrading the geforce driver.

MikePixelPusher
Protege

MikVR7 said:

First I tried 3 different pcs (with gtx 1060 and gtx 1070) and version 1.37, but on all three pcs the oculus rift s remained black. I did the Windows 10 update to 1903 and it didn't work, and switching to another display port also didn't work. I did not try downgrading the geforce driver.

What type of computers to you have? Laptops or Desktops?
System: MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE Laptop
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060

sephroth
Explorer
I just got my rift s today, can't get the display to work. Updated windows, downgraded clean install of Nvidia drivers, beta update in Oculus, repaired Oculus install, still no joy. Tried on my PC with a rtx 2080, and in my 2019 blade advanced with rtx 2060. Oculus app always says display port not connected. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

MikVR7 said:

What type of computers to you have? Laptops or Desktops?

All three were Desktop PCs (i7 7700k and i7 6700k, 16gb ram)

Anonymous
Not applicable
and by the way: at some games i don't get any sound from the oculus rift s, like the oculus introduction game or dirt rallye. at other games the sound was there, like space pirates trainer, or the default oculus home screen. tried to change some settings, but nothing worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable
update: job simulator and angry birds vr don't work. angry birds says "vr device not found" and job simulator stays black, says nothing. will try some more vr games later and give you an update.