cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

FeralReaper
Protege
They are on a ROLL with this firmware.

FeralReaper
Protege
is ANYONE able to make this thing work?

lensmandave
Superstar
Yep, mine is working flawlessly now since the firmware update. Now I have said that...it will probably die tomorrow 😄
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

RattyUK
Trustee

is ANYONE able to make this thing work?

Yes.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took a look at many of the Amazon reviews this morning.
While just looking at the forums here would lead one to believe the S is a fail, obviously that is not the case.
There are quite a number of very positive reviews on Amazon.
I am one of the unlucky ones, as mine died but I am sending back to Amazon for replacement - hoping I get a good unit this time.

I am sure the return rate is higher than what Oculus would like or expected, but likely not near as bad as the impression the forums here leave.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK so now they got Returned Units they are hugely LIABLE to state what was at fault here!

RattyUK
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

OK so now they got Returned Units they are hugely LIABLE to state what was at fault here!

Why?  Their liability is not with the forum dwellers - no matter how entitled they may feel 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, so Forum Members are NOT likely to be customers and in the unlikely possibility they did and have any issues then the manufacturer may just as well ignore them as the problem will either disappear OR they will just buy the extra tech of a Powered USB device they forgot we needed!

RattyUK
Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

I see, so Forum Members are NOT likely to be customers and in the unlikely possibility they did and have any issues then the manufacturer may just as well ignore them as the problem will either disappear OR they will just buy the extra tech of a Powered USB device they forgot we needed!

Odd, my S works fine without an extra powered USB device - you may have needed one though - but it isn't mandatory 🙂
I don't recall any business being "LIABLE" to consumers and others on a website... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
It comes under faulty products from not getting a perfectly working device. They are indeed Liable for it. HP already did a recall due to faulty units producing red bands on displays. Some users will suck it up just like your RIFT S may not have seen issues if not tested for long enough constantly nor on the game that stretches it and by that I don't mean on the edge of it performing. They lose performance and eventually crash just as mine right now after 2hours Elite...goes monochrome then crashes. If they were not Liable and that means telling the Users, then they could get away with defective products. Thus laws are such!