cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't gotten a response on my ticket for a week now. My rift S won't recognize cable connection.

FeralReaper
Protege
So. I bought one of these, got the black screen and sent it back for a replacement. It connected and set up fine but then said "you need a firmware update" so I did that and now it doesn't read my cables. So this update made the issue worse. Now it won't even recognize the things plugged in.
Everytime I chat with oculus, they tell me to wait 1-2 business days. well it's been 7, (5) business days.

They're clearly waiting until I can't return it so they keep my money and laugh it off. This is insane. These issues are ALL OVER THEIR FORUMS and reddit AND FACEBOOK and there's not a known issue? I work for a large tech company, not as large as Facebook mind you, but even WE GET SHIT DONE FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENT. LORD.
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried doing a repair of the Oculus software?

Auxiliaryman117
Honored Guest
How do you do that?

FeralReaper
Protege

dburne said:

Have you tried doing a repair of the Oculus software?

So many times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you do that?

Download the installer from the Oculus website.
https://www.oculus.com/setup/
Launch the program, and it will ask if you want to install or repair existing install.
Choose repair.

Auxiliaryman117
Honored Guest

dburne said:

How do you do that?

Download the installer from the Oculus website.
Launch the program, and it will ask if you want to install or repair existing install.
Choose repair.

Yea, just repaired it, nothing changed.

Auxiliaryman117
Honored Guest
Does the orange light mean anything important?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that means it is not seeing a connection - mine started to display an orange light after it died on me.
Hopefully that is not the case for you.

Edit: I am surprised you were able to do a repair that quickly, mine took several minutes. It downloads all the files again.

Auxiliaryman117
Honored Guest

dburne said:

I believe that means it is not seeing a connection - mine started to display an orange light after it died on me.
Hopefully that is not the case for you.

Edit: I am surprised you were able to do a repair that quickly, mine took several minutes. It downloads all the files again.

I hope it's not dead, just got it new out the box from Amazon yesterday. The software itself is having an issue, that what I've been able to deduce it to, just can't figure out were. 

FeralReaper
Protege
SO here's my path and the reason I'm getting a refund. 

I run "fix software" it rips 7gb of data from my internet.

I run it, works like a charm. Then I reboot, error comes up that the oculus software can't open. I repair it again. It works but the tracking doesn't. Then it forces an update to the firmware again and now it can't see my cables.

Rift s is complete shit and they don't seem to be fixing it. I would get your refund guys.