cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Mirror showing black portions

Alex1996able
Honored Guest
Hi everybody!
I hope to be clear enough, but if I'm not please tell me and I'll try to explain better the problem.
I use Oculus Mirror and OBS to capture my gameplays, and I have always use these options:
Size 1920 1080 --FovTanAngleMultiplier 1.3 1.3 --DisableTimewarp --SymmetricFov --RightEyeOnly --DisableFovStencil --IncludeSystemGui
Everything has been perfect until these days, as now the Mirror shows a black portion (like if the image reaches the boundary of the lens) in the left side, even if I didn't change the options. If I remove the options from right click -> properties (the Mirror should use the default settings in this way), this black portion is strongly reduced but it is still present.
Could you please suggest me new options, or give me a workaround?
I can't identify precisely the moment when the problem appeared first, as I didn't record for a long time.
Thank you for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I had this issue as well some days ago. Seemed that as soon as I applied the fov multiplier the issue occured.
 So I just used a batch files with only the:" --Size 1920 1080 "command as that was fine.

However I went to test again when I read your thread just now.
Everything works fine again. Also made a batch file with your values. Works as well.

Was run on a setup NOT in the ptc and I cant see that any update have been applied.
 Does the problem still occur to you ?
Be good, die great !

Alex1996able
Honored Guest

KlodsBrik said:

I had this issue as well some days ago. Seemed that as soon as I applied the fov multiplier the issue occured.
 So I just used a batch files with only the:" --Size 1920 1080 "command as that was fine.

However I went to test again when I read your thread just now.
Everything works fine again. Also made a batch file with your values. Works as well.

Was run on a setup NOT in the ptc and I cant see that any update have been applied.
 Does the problem still occur to you ?

Forgive my knowledge, I’ve already read about this batch file, but I have no idea how and where to create it.
Would you also explain me what a ptc is, please? (Forgive me again)
I’ll test your solution as soon as possible and I’ll report the result.
Thank you for your reply.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
PTC is Public Test Channel ( Prerelease/ beta of updates for the Oculus app. The latest is 1.38 https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/76325/rift-s-and-rift-1-38-ptc-release-notes#latest ).
 It will only be applied if you have opted into the beta in your oculus application.
And I wouldnt recommen doing it at the moment unless you havee an issue you know it solves.

A batch file excecutes commands ( such as yours above: --Size 1920 1080 --FovTanAngleMultiplier 1.3 1.3 --DisableTimewarp
--SymmetricFov --RightEyeOnly --DisableFovStencil --IncludeSystemGui ).

Make a new notepad file. and insert the following:
OculusMirror.exe --Size 1920 1080 --FovTanAngleMultiplier 1.3 1.3 --DisableTimewarp
--SymmetricFov --RightEyeOnly --DisableFovStencil --IncludeSystemGui

Now choos save as and write *.bat as the extension instead of *.txt
 You might not be able to save it directly to your oculus diagnostics folder. So save it to desktop and then move to your oculus diagnostic folder. Usually the path is: c:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\

this way you will only have to run the batch file and it will apply all commands within it. And you can offcourse have several batch files with different settings.

Be good, die great !

Alex1996able
Honored Guest
Ok I've just tested your solution and actually nothing changed from what I did yesterday. Writing the .bat file hasn't made any difference from pasting the options in the properties. 
A small black slice is still present in the upper-left part, like the --Disable Timewarp option isn't working properly (this should be the option that manages this "black parts", at least according to what I read). 
It is really strange because this issue never happened before, I'm not sure but I think that one of the last updates messed up something...

Alex1996able
Honored Guest
At the end I figured out that the problem isn’t in the Mirror but in the game. The problem appears when launching it via Oculus instead of SteamVR (when steam gives you the options of launch).
All the other games work well in any case.