cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After About 10 Minutes of Use, My Screen in My Headset Goes Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having troubles with my Rift S. After about 10 minutes of use, my screen in my headset goes black, the game freezes on my regular monitor, and the Oculus app can't detect the Rift S display port. And after it detects it again, the headset can't track the controllers, so I go to devise setup, but it says that the sensors on the headset aren't working. To fix this, I have to restart my PC, But then the same issue arises again, and again. I've been trying to fix it but nothing has worked. I've tried using different USB ports, different display ports, updating graphics drivers, updating windows, using the public test channel, but none of these had any effect on the problem. If anyone has fixed this before, please inform me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nickdbb12
Protege
I know the issue, the Rift ITSELF, requires at least 300W power consumption. Bare in mind, the PC has to power two HD Screens. I would go with an 800W arounds. 80Plus Bronze is fine, but if the computer turns off for a moment then back on, then it doesn’t have enough wattage

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nickdbb12
Protege
Can I get a list of your PC specifications?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nickdbb12 said:

Can I get a list of your PC specifications?

Intel Core i7-8700K
16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengence 3000MHz
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 512GB
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 AMP
EVGA 650 B3, 80+ Bronze 650W
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 

braiangreno
Honored Guest
I have a similar problem. Yesterday I used and work perfect. Today I have the same problem, my screen only stay black and when I open a app in oculus app say my oculus rift s its not connected. Whatever the oculus app say my oculos are connected.

antitrust42
Expert Protege
i return my rift s, tired with all time need to repear software to the headset was recognised and other issue apprear just after 

this RIFT S is a piece of garbage ! 
i pack and return before i cant ! 

i will go waith later if they made a better product, because now is a pain , long to repear and upgrade the formware all time 

they MADE A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG FAIL with their new device 

Nickdbb12
Protege
I know the issue, the Rift ITSELF, requires at least 300W power consumption. Bare in mind, the PC has to power two HD Screens. I would go with an 800W arounds. 80Plus Bronze is fine, but if the computer turns off for a moment then back on, then it doesn’t have enough wattage