cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Problems for Oculus Rift S

auxiliaryxx
Explorer
Use this discussion for all problems related to the Oculus Rift S! I have found most solutions for mine which I will be sharing on here as well.
Common Problems: Tracking, Guardian, Setup, Freezing, Snow Pixels, Jittering, Plug Problems, USB 3.0 errors, Game glitches, Camera problems, Headphone static, Some games don't run, Oculus home freezes, Steam vr wants to setup, Speakers make noise, Ipd glitching on horizonal side, fov is small, no sweetspot.

I will tell you how to improve FOV, TRACKING, SWEETSPOT AND PERFORMANCE as best as I can.

Let's get started!
147 REPLIES 147

FeralReaper
Protege
SO here's my path and the reason I'm getting a refund. 

I run "fix software" it rips 7gb of data from my internet.

I run it, works like a charm. Then I reboot, error comes up that the oculus software can't open. I repair it again. It works but the tracking doesn't. Then it forces an update to the firmware again and now it can't see my cables.

So at this point, I KNOW its the firmware but I can't do anything about it because every time I "repair" oculus, it uninstalls the firmware lmao. Then it sees my cable then it forces firmware update then it can't see my cables.

FeralReaper
Protege
I've gotten to a point where if I plug the USB in first and wait a few minutes, it verifies. then I plug in the DP cable and it verifies right away, then it goes into headset sensor check and fails. "please plug into a different USB" well I've tried all 5 of my usb3.0 so.. it worked for a moment.. had ZERO issues with the previous rift.

Sulenor
Explorer
About touch switch on
I played a seat game and don't use the touch,  but in the oculus software, i can see that touch are activated, even if they are in the boxe. And in the home, i can see 2 touch at the position of my head.

So, i don't know if it's Rifts wich wake up the touch, or if they don't shut off since i used it.

About passthrough+
We can't use a binding key or button to switch to the passthrough+

Anonymous
Not applicable
Touch shuts off in PTC 1.38, only after complete shutdown PC though. At least that was the way it was for me before my Rift S gave up the ghost. 

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
SteamVR home and steamVR games are not very smooth on my Rift S. I'm very disappointed. 95% of my library is on Steam... never had any problem like this with the Odyssey+. I hope this will be fixed soon.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ethrelaed said:

And here a old issue from a newcomer with a new product: Do not, and i repeat in caps: DO NOT EVER DARE TO USE THE RIFT S WITH GLASSES! Do not listen to people that are saying glasses and rift s are fine. Scratches in my Rift S and my glasses tell another story. And you will only find out about the issue as a newcomer when it is to late BECAUSE THERE IS NOWHERE A CLEAR WARNING.

i wear glasses whit no problem i have 2 pairs of glasses the smaller frame ones fit and the others whit the bigger frames do not . 

Aka-Serba
Honored Guest

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sulenor said:

About touch switch on
I played a seat game and don't use the touch,  but in the oculus software, i can see that touch are activated, even if they are in the boxe. And in the home, i can see 2 touch at the position of my head.

So, i don't know if it's Rifts wich wake up the touch, or if they don't shut off since i used it.

About passthrough+
We can't use a binding key or button to switch to the passthrough+

Yes the Controllers do not switch off and can drop dead when at 50% and even kick us out of a Game's focus which can be a crucial moment!

Bind for PASSTHROUGH = 2 taps of the Right Oculus Button and same to come back out 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

I run Win1809 with Runtime 1.37 and there is no increase in volume on the RIFT S after 50%. It just gets auto Limited as
though it was added to prevent clipping which it isn’t needing due to not
getting loud enough. Your Oculus GO/Quest needed it as components were shaken
by the vibration. When there is only vocals in the start/end of songs I can
hear the volume ramp up much higher. It’s the same when we use enhancements:
Bass Boost; Virtualizer; Loudness EQ, it pushes the volume down even more due
to the peaks of the lower/higher frequencies.

You must alter the threshold of this
Limiter OR just remove it
. I can see the potential of the incredible sound this
could have but right now it is being restricted, giving us a very poor
impression of the RIFT S!

Is this the true reason you did not yet
provide HEADPHONE ADD-ONS (earbuds are awful as it alters our own voice!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
How would earbuds alter your voice?