Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

If you're using
Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues,
please try opting into the latest PTC (
https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/)
build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
315 REPLIES 315

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Why are you using the Rift S with an android app ??? 

Because I have a Quest, and the Rift S shows up in the same Oculus app. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ahhh makes sense sorry fella.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@MAC_MAN86 calm down, he wasn't attacking you. All he said was be polite. Not swearing at everyone ok ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This beta patch finaly fixed my black screen error, just for you tu know

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason my Rift S is showing three right Touch controllers in the Oculus Desktop app.
I did a repair of Oculus yesterday evening and that did not fix it either.
Does not seem to be affecting anything, Touch is working as it should,  only one shows connected.

I tried removing the two unconnected right Touch's showing from the list, but that did not work still showing the three right Touch controllers. 

devoidx360
Explorer
I've had to roll back from 1.38 to 1.37 as I have a strange issue when running this beta build on a clean build of Windows 10 1903.

When not using the Rift S (HMD disconnected or connected to the PC) and playing a non-VR games in Steam or Uplay, my system freezes and requires a hard reset.

Once the reboot has completed, I receive a message from the Oculus software advising that a repair is required. The repair fails and recommends that I restart the PC and try again. This too fails and the only way to restore service is to completely remove all traces of the Oculus software and then re-install it.

When I then play another non-VR game the exact same thing occurs. I can reproduce this situation time and again.

Rolling back to 1.37 fixes the problem.

Note my system has been completely stable until upgrading to 1.38.

Update:
No issues on 1.37 so far, so this is definitely an issue with 1.38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Posting this here as well, if you are looking for this release to fix controllers locking in place but still rotating.

If you have an RTX card with a virtuallink port (2060, 2070, 2080) get a USB A to C adapter and connect the USB to the virtuallink port. Guaranteed 27 watts that fully powers the headset. 

FeralReaper
Protege
How do I roll back to 1.37?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I roll back to 1.37?

Uncheck the PTC in Oculus Desktop app.

FeralReaper
Protege
rolling back didin't help =\ I just get the "no display port connection" issue =\