cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest pairs with phone, but the app will not connect to my Wi Fi

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
I bought an Oculus Quest the other day, but i can't get the Oculus App on my phone to connect to my Wi Fi, i'm posting this here just in case someone knows what the issue is or if someone has very good knowledge with wireless routers because i think that is the issue rather than the app itself. My phone is a galaxy s6 and is running Android 7.0.

The headset pairs up fine with the phone, but when the app tries to connect to Wi Fi, it just doesn't do it. It keeps coming back with errors saying,

Something went wrong
Headset Not connected
Asks me to re enter the Wi Fi password.

Below is a few settings that i've experimented with in my wireless router.

tried changing the channels of my BT Hub 5 numerous times.

Changed my Wi Fi password to something more simple.

Turned off my routers firewall momentarily to see if that was affecting it.

Turned off my routers smart set up.

Split my 5ghz from my 2.4ghz connection and tested the above on the new 5ghz connection.

Is there anything at all that i can try? Because i really don't know what else i can test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
68 REPLIES 68

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
Here is someone else who has the same problem and has gone into more detail about what happens during every step. 

Did you get any solution for this issue. yet..??? I am facing the exact same issue with my new Quest delivered 5 days ago... I am not able to complete the initial setup here is what happens..

-It pairs fine with app

-on the next step when provided wifi password... it says the password is incorrect.. Thats just not true.. the password is correct.

-it just wont go any further and then says head set is disconnected.. In this situation If I restart headset.. after restart It says "headset is updating.. and you will be notified on your phone when your headset is ready.." and I can see on my wi-fi it shows connected.. But the update process never completes.. I waited many times more than 20 hours just to see what it does.. at the end Again I goes to defaults and shows the 5 digit code to do the setup all over again

-If I try connecting again it again stuck on the wi-fi password stating the username or password is incorrect..

-tried all the possible things.. I am using 2.4ghx router tried changing setting, tried with different phone, tried connecting to entirely new wi-fi as well.. still facing the same issue..

-I have created support ticket with Oculus but still did not get any response yet.

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
I'm starting to wonder whether or not there is an issue with our actual headsets. How long does it take for Oculus support to reply? Because i don't want to leave it too long before returning it to Amazon.

ojuujo
Explorer
Same problem here. "Headset not connected" or "Something went wrong". 

Tried different Wifi Networks, the Oculus Quest won't connect. 

ojuujo
Explorer
I have also tried to set up a connection using hotspot. 
I can see that "Personal Hotspot: 1 Connection" but yet the app still shows "Headset not Connected"

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer

ojuujo said:

I have also tried to set up a connection using hotspot. 
I can see that "Personal Hotspot: 1 Connection" but yet the app still shows "Headset not Connected"

I was considering buying some phone credit so that i could test the hotspot, but i've seen a few people try this with no luck now. 

ojuujo
Explorer

I'm starting to wonder whether or not there is an issue with our actual headsets. How long does it take for Oculus support to reply? Because i don't want to leave it too long before returning it to Amazon.

I might not be your headset.
I have two Quests, both arrived a couple of hours ago, both cannot connect to Wifi. 
What are the odds that both are actually broken?

We tried to connect with two different router, hotspot and changed the phone to start the initial set up. 

All failed. 

Mr_Oculus_
Explorer
Yeah true. I hope it's something to do with the app or Wi Fi. What router do you have? I have a BT Hub5. 

OculusQuestDayO
Explorer
Its totally possible the new batch of headsets we received having this issue... some kind of bug may be.. I have tried all the possible things. setting up using different phone, different wifi, modifying wi-fi settings and also tested with mobile and PC hot spots.. nothing works.. waiting on response from Oculus on my  support ticket

ojuujo
Explorer
@Mr_Oculus_ : I'm using Netgear
@OculusQuestDayOne : please let us know when your ticket received a response. 
As of your name, please don't tell me that you are having this problem since 2 weeks...