cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my Rift S to PC after the firmware update

zongyu
Explorer
Hi everyone, I am new to VR and just got my Rift S this morning. Firstly I installed the Oculus software, following the steps to connect my Rift with Displayport and USB 3.0, both connections check are showed Green which is OK, then it says the Rift S need a firmware update, but after updating, the Oculus software crashed and restarted again, each time it restarts, will go to the connection check page, and I never see the Displayport connection and USB 3.0 connection shows Green, they even do not show a red X, just keep rolling, then after a while, crashed again and restarted again... if I unplugged the USB 3.0 end, it will not get crashed but just stay at the connection checking page, once I plugged in the USB 3.0 end, it crashed and restarted again...

I am not sure but it seems related to USB 3.0 driver. I tried reinstalled the USB driver, but this did not work for me.
Could any one here see the problem and help me?
Thanks so much. 
8 REPLIES 8

HNRCH
Honored Guest
Same Problems Here. Cant find any helpfull hints.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try removing the Rift S in your Oculus Desktop App, then restart Oculus Home and see if will get you set up
and running properly.

Soulless512
Expert Protege
I just got replacement but I cant set it up after the controllers

lenne0815
Adventurer
remove all other usb devices.

StretchyCM
Explorer
Two users mentioned in various forum posts that there are problems with user accounts whose Windows user name contains umlauts or similar characters. For this reason, I did create a new (second) windows local admin account with a short 1-byte user name ("ocul" in my case) and there installed the Oculus App. WORKED FOR ME!

Kiipula
Honored Guest
Same here! Any fixes?

tempemonkey
Explorer
Same thing is happening to me. Firmware updates do nothing to resolve the black screen issue... This is really starting to get annoying.